6.27.2009

The reason I have a housekeeper

When I went back to work after maternity leave, Mike finally let me agreed to hire a housekeeper. It was the best decision EVER! Here's the number one reason we need a housekeeper...

Yes, she is a very pretty girl, but look what I got off her tonight in the matter of minutes...
Yes, all of that hair came from Bailey. And there is lots more all over our floors!! Just in case you want to see it again...


I am counting down the days to her shaving appointment.
She also eats and drinks inside, which is making me crazy!! She likes to leave pieces of food on the rug, which I step on barefoot while holding Trent. She also drips pours water all over the floor after she drinks it.

Don't get me wrong- I love her! I don't want her to be an outside dog, but I do want her to eat and drink outside. I told Mike that once Trent starts crawling, I am moving her food and water outside. Otherwise, I'm 100% certain that Trent will try dog food before Cheerios.
Do your big dogs eat and drink outside?

10 comments:

The Basquins said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Basquins said...

Is all that hair from you brushing bailey?! I thought you had shaved her based on the piles around her. . .oh my goodness! We have a huge shedding problem right now with Cooper, although it's on a 15 lb scale - just slightly smaller than sweet bailey!

The Beckners said...

April...I feel your pain. I hate to say that Ellie and Bailey (our two big labs) both moved to being mainly outside dogs when we had Reese because it was too much for me to clean. I literally swept up a small dog in dog hair every day! So, they sleep in the kitchen often...but they eat, drink and play outside! Sad...but it works for us because they have each other.

Margaret Worrell said...

Shaving her will help! We are about to buy our own dog clipper so we can do it more often ourselves. Also, make her eat oustide! Striker eats outside every day and loves it!

Jana said...

I feel your pain. I sweep at least once a day to maintain the dog hair in our house from our two big dogs. Yes they eat and drink outside otherwise there would be pools of drool all over the place. Go for it...Bailey will still know you love her!

Maggie M. Cooper said...

You know what I will say...Yes!!! Send her outside! Wallace never has and never will be an inside dog. I would go crazy! 95 lbs of dog is way too much to be near my furniture or ME!:) Bailey knows you love her! Come see me soon!

Dana and Chris Sheheane said...

oh gosh do i ever feel your pain!! our lab, vedder, is chocolate and sheds EVERYWHERE! we vacuum and sweep and use the "furminator" constantly. and his food is inside and it makes me nuts. wells definitely eats a piece of his food once a day and goes for it all day long!!! talk about crazy!! but our dog is so spoiled he won't eat outside. i've lost that battle and wells loves it! grose! but we do love the dog although there will never be a lab again!!

thebarronfam said...

Ours is inside and yes William had a few pieces of dog food when he was crawling,:)My house always has dog hair on the floor (and yes I sweep often). I often have to remind myself that one day my house will be clean and spotless, but probably lonely too. So for now I will take the mess and the hair.

Kristin Coppock said...

April, I am on the same road. Lucy is sweet as pie with Eva and very protective, but her water is dribbled all over the house. I vaccum all the time but it doesn't matter. I know when Eva starts crawling I will go even more nuts. But, I just don't know if I can put her outside. She was at the lake outside for 2 weeks and all but quit eating. She lovedd the water but didn't want her food in the heat. It is such a hard situation for us softies for our hairy baby girls

The Pughs said...

April, I am friends with Brooke Vakakes and some others of your friends...I have been reading your blog since before Trent was born. I must say he is a handsome little thing. I have also kept your family in my prayers. I can only imagine the emotions you all have with everything going on. You are very faithful and it is an encouragement to read your posts. We have a yellow lab whom we adore but you became an outside dog when my first son was born. I just couldn't take the hair and fleas anymore(even though I didn't think we had fleas). Anyway, she seems to do fine outside.