6.13.2009

5 Months

We're home from paradise. We had a great time. I read two books, watched three movies and spent too much time in the sun. I only took one picture. Here it is...


He's pretty scary, isn't he? There were free 'Zap' people there, so I will order some pictures later.
Mama D and Daddy G took GREAT care of Trent while we were gone. Mama D sent multiple pictures each day, and we looked forward to getting them. Here are some of my favorites...

Our little man is now 5 months old {technically, 5 months and 2 days.} He's getting so big and fun. He loves to laugh and squeal, and Daddy is still the funniest person on earth.

Humor me while I document memories for us to look back on... He still hasn't rolled from back to front. He tries so hard and is almost there. He LOVES to stand up! Getting him to sit in your lap is almost impossible; he'd much rather stand. He loves his thumbs. The right one is his favorite, but we often find him sucking his left one too. He kicks, but the only sign of him finding his feet is a scratch on his foot. He's blowing lots of spit bubbles and has discovered he can say the "sssss" sound. Last week Mama D we started giving him baby food twice a day. He's now like a little bird and will open his mouth when he sees the spoon. He's tried peas, green beans, squash, carrots and sweet potatoes. He likes everything but the peas. He's teething {which I hear takes a very long time} and loves teething rings. He has no problem holding the frozen rings, and watching him makes me cold:)

We introduced him to a real swing yesterday.

Check out the cute older woman pushing him. She wasn't the only one who liked him. Her sweet sisters enjoyed him too until he got really heavy in their laps. .


Whew, that was a long post! If you're still with me, thanks for reading:)

6 comments:

Kari said...

April, we went to St. Thomas last year and while Lee was laying out on the beach an iguana fell from the tree right beside him. It scared him but was really funny!

Margaret Worrell said...

I love the pictures of him in the swing! Owen is blowing spit bubbles all the time now too. Maybe one of these days we can get them together!

Mommy and a Ministry said...

April he is SOOOOO cute!

Lauren said...

I can't believe how big Trent is getting. He is a handsome little guy!

The Martin Family said...

I could eat him alive! He's the cutest thing EVER!!! Please let's go to lunch soon so I can get my hands on that little roly poly!

Tara Verdigets said...

Another blog stalker... I keep up with your blog because our babies are about 5 days apart. I found your link through a mutual friend's blog. I will definitely be praying for your family.