9.30.2008

My first creation

Here's the mixer's first cake...

It's a chocolate pound cake! I gave Mike a stack of cake recipes and asked him which one he wanted me to make first. He picked this one. I only had to call my mom twice during the process. It tastes pretty good too!

I really want to make a strawberry cake this weekend, so we will see if I can go two for two!

9 comments:

DeLine Family said...

For a first cake, it sure is PURTY!!! I am impressed...maybe you shouldn't have set the bar so high! Hee hee! I only wish I could have a nibble!

Rachel @ Moments With My Miracles said...

It looks very yummy!!! Glad registering went well!

Brandi said...

I am so impressed. I can't make a bundt cake to save my life. I either over fill or under fill the pan and the cake bakes over and smokes up the entire house or falls when I try to dump it out. You may have to give a lesson.

Sue said...

Pretty perfect bundt cake! I would love it if you would share your strawberry cake recipe...I have strawberry cake withdrawal up here in IN!

bethany@sippinsweetteablog said...

Wow, it's pretty!

Anonymous said...

Very nice, April! I want a Kitchen Aid mixer so badly!

The "Oh Boy" t-shirt is super cute, btw!

The Muncies said...

yummy!! That looks GREAT!!!!

Cile said...

I am in awe of the perfection of that cake's shape! Glad that you are back on the sweets wagon!

Natalie-John+2 said...

First, I have to say good for you putting that expensive, fancy, wonderful mixer to good use!! Second, are you really cooking/baking? I'm so proud of you-you've come a long way :) Do you have the recipe book I gave you for your wedding? Try the buttermilk choc. cake -- it's "winner, winner chicken for dinner!" As John's old boss would say. You look great, keep up the good work of growing that baby!