I am going to Babies R Us {and maybe Target too} to register tomorrow. My friend, Heidi, and I are going together. My mom has been bugging reminding me to register since August 18th when we found out we are having a boy. She has sent me tons of emails recommending different toys, strollers, medical equipment, etc. I think I just used all of our printer ink printing registry checklists. I'm trying to turn these feelings of anxiety into excitement.
I remember registering when we got married. We pretty much just went in, had fun with the scanner and ended up with some great stuff. {Mike managed to scan a basketball and a piece of luggage while I wasn't looking, and he was super excited when he received them both!} Registering for baby isn't quite so easy. SO, I'm soliciting a little help...
If you can think of something that you or your child love, please tell me! And if you know of something that you wished you'd registered for but didn't {or received but never used} please share those things too! Thanks in advance for your help:)
** Following up from previous posts... I ordered the bedding from Javis Davis yesterday! I can't wait to receive it! The sale is still going on, so check it out if you need crib bedding.
Mike brought down the mixer last night, and it looks so pretty on the counter. Thank you all for the recipes. Holly, you need to publish a cake cookbook... I can't wait to make the strawberry cake and the margarita cake!



10 comments:
Re: Registry...it can be very overwhelming for sure! Here are some of our favorites...
1. playtex drop in bottles (they're bpa free)
2. bouncy seat
3. baby bjorn carrier
4. lots of burp cloths!
5. travel swing
6. lots of bibs
7. several crib sheets
8. pack n play
9. some of the little teething type toys and plush toys
10. lightweight infant car seat and stroller!!! (we have a combi)
11. a good thermometer that reads the temperature QUICK.
If I think of anything else I will let you know. Good luck!
Here are some thing we can't live without:
1. easy to clean bouncy seat
2. bumbo seat
3. pack n play
4. lightweight infant carseat
5. humidifier
6. umbrella stroller (we have a chicco that has taller handles than most)
7. Good fingernail clippers
BOPPIES ARE A MUST! THE REGULAR AND THE LOUNGER!!!
Ok...so the other recommendations you have gotten I totally agree with, but for me...one of the best has to be the jogging stroller we got! The Urban Mountain Buggy Stroller. It has a infant seat attachment so you can use it when they are little and then when they get bigger. It has a swivel wheel and can go anywhere! We LOVE it! The Bob is a great stroller as well...but we just liked the feeling of the Mountain Buggy better. They are expensive, but well worth it!! And I am realizing that as I write this you want things you can register for at Babies R us...but oh well! :)
Oh April,I can think of a million things!
1. pee pee pads, boys go everywhere and these you can slide underneath them instead of changing the changing pad cover a hundred times
2. Britax car seat
3. Bumbo
4. Playmat
5. Umbrella stroller(Auburn ha!)
6. Snot sucker(take the one from the hospital, they're better than anyone you can register for)
7. Positioner-holds the baby in place while they're sleeping
8. Swaddler wraps-they make blankets that velcro on the side so you don't have to learn how to swaddle little man,they're awesome.
9. Bouncer-chair that vibrates
10. Jump a roo
Ok I'll stop I could go on for hours! Happy shopping!
April, here are my thoughts...
**Swing (we did not register for this, but some friends gave us one of the big papasan kinds--Carter loved it! It was the only place he slept soundly for the first 3 weeks of his life!)
**light infant car seat--also make sure you put it over your arm to see what it feels like. You'll rarely carry it holding the handle. More often, you'll sling it over your forearm and you don't want it to rub your arm raw. some that have rubberized handles will do that.
**nursing cover (if you are planning to nurse)--www.bebeaulait.com; I guess that doesn't help you with registering, but it was FABULOUS for me!
**if you are planning to go back to work (and again, nurse), I highly recommend the Medela Pump In Style Advanced--it is really good...fast, has a let-down phase at the begining...it just made things easier for me with work and nursing. Also...if you are going back to work, I recommend getting extra collection bottles and pump parts...it will help you to have several so that you can rotate them, and you decrease the chance that you forget to get them out of the dishwasher before you head out the door to work! Let me know if you have any questions!
Good Luck...have fun!
Brandon and I were completely overwhelmed registering for Cohen. It was so stressful because I did not talk to anyone before, and I had no idea if what I registered for was really what we needed, so you are really smart to ask.
Here is what I would say:
1. papasan chair that is a swing (Sue also recommended this). Cohen took naps in this for the first few months of life when he would not nap in his crib.
2. Hooter hider (if nursing): I did not have one of these until I was almost through nursing, and I wish I had had one the whole time.
3. Boppy (if nursing)
4. I also support Sue's choice of the Medela breast pump. Target also has bags that you can use in the microwave to steam the collection bottles and shields.
5. Ice trays and Ziploc bags to freeze breast milk (the lactation nurse gave me this idea)--I would not pay for the expensive breast milk storage bags.
6. Jumperoo--you won't use this until about 4 months, but you definitely want one.
7. Umbrella stroller. As they get older you don't want to have to lug around the larger stroller that holds the carrier also.
8. Oh yea, if you are going to get a diaper dispenser thing, we got the diaper jenie which I loved, but you have to buy refills (so it can get pricey). Someone told me the diaper champ does not use refills--so that one might be worth looking into.
9. Diapers--you will go through tons and they are not cheap.
That's about all I can think of for now.
Ok, I tried to glance so I don't repeat...
1. Mat that goes under carseat to protect your seat.
2. Thermometer that scans the forehead. Ear thermometers are not accurate during ear infections, and the rectal ones are just a pain.
3. Sheets that snap at the top. I didn't know these existed but they do and could have saved me a ton of time during her reflux stage.
4. Pajama gowns when he's really little to change all those multiple diapers, then the footie ones that zip (children's place and carter's outlet as excellent ones). LOVE them.
5. Bottle warmer if you plan on breastfeeding and pumping. Saves so much time!
6. Sling. I didn't use this the first time around but I plan to on the second. My friend uses hers all the time, and it's wonderful! She gets to have her hands free sometimes!
Ok, sorry that was incredibly long. I'm sure there's more but I'm going to stop now. Good to see you in the maternity store today!
Hey-Here are some of my must-haves:
1. Bumbo with tray(used from 3 mo. till 10 mo.)
2. Fisher Price Papasan swing is great-we got the kind you can plug in so it didn't use batteries up...a little more expensive but worth it (ME wasn't a huge fan, but it was nice when we needed it-birth till 4mo.?)
3. Exersaucer-we didn't buy one-we borrowed Drew's, but it was fabulous (we used 5 mo.-12 mo.)
5. Baby Einstein Floor Activity Gym with light up star in the middle-she was mesmerized from 4 weeks till 4-5 mo. probably
6. MAM pacifiers!
7. Evenflo bottles were ME's choice-I got all Avent and then she wouldn't drink from them
8. Bought Medela Pump Advanced, but wish I'd just rented...I didn't use it except for one week b/c I wasn't a great pumper, and it was a lot of moolaa! So...might want to see how you do first...
9. I also have Javis Davis cribbing...it's still great!
10. Sound machine
11. Good thermometer-I still haven't found one that works great....
12. Infant Tylenol/Motrin/Mylicon in medicine cabinet
13. Butt Paste
14. Blow-up Duck Tub by Munchkin for when the can sit up to bathe-it was great in case she fell over-and it quacks:)
15. Wipe-off Bibs with pocket
Ok, that's a start!:) Ha, ha! Love you!
It looks like everyone has covered the major needs! I know it's overwhelming, but you will sort through it all - we just made it through trial and error! There are things we had for our 1st that we never touched, but saved for the next and we couldn't have lived without it during the 2nd one and vice versa! All babies are different! My one piece of advice I tell any new mom is that no matter what you think you may know, it is always a guessing game until they are old enough to tell you! And even then, who knows!!! Our 4 year old comes up with all kinds of stories! Oh, and as much as you want to dress them in the most precious of outfits, don't waste too much money on those and save them for special occassions otherwise you are in for many hours of stain removal! Oh, and that reminds me of a good thing to buy - Totally Toddler Stain Remover - it's only at Babys R Us/Toys R Us, but it is wonderful and the scent is very light!
Post a Comment