9.28.2008

What a weekend...

I don't think we've had such a busy {and productive} weekend in a very long time! We drove to Birmingham Friday night and spent the night with the Carters. We woke up early Saturday morning. The boys headed to the golf course, and we were inside Babies R Us by 9:45 {the doors open at 9:30.} After some scanner drama, the process went relatively smoothly. Thank you for the suggestions; they were extremely helpful! The car seat decision was a tough one, and I didn't register for a stroller. However, forty-five items and almost 3 hours later, we headed to O'Charley's for lunch. After lunch, we went to The Swanky Stork, where I fell in love with a $60 t-shirt. I figured since I haven't spent much money on clothes {or myself} since I've been pregnant, I could splurge on this cute shirt...

Tatum's wedding was Saturday afternoon at the Botanical Gardens. She looked gorgeous, and everything was perfect. One of my favorite parts... they had five cakes at the reception {one bride's cake and four different groom cakes.}

We drove home listening to Eli Gold in a happy state of shock. We were home in time to watch the crappy third quarter but went to bed excited for the Tide.

Today was SUPER productive, thanks to my sweet family! My parents, Tracy, Travis and Paw Paw came to help us prepare Trent's room. His room is our old office, so we Dad and Travis moved two rooms of furniture {two desks, a huge bookshelf, a treadmill, filing cabinets, a SLEEPER SOFA, and the list goes on.} His room is now empty and waiting for his furniture, which will be delivered as soon as the room is painted. THANK YOU family!! I feel 100 times more prepared; although, I wonder if our house will sell now that we worked so hard. :)

Please say a prayer for Mike in the morning. He has surgery at 9:00. It's not a super serious surgery, but it's still surgery.

7 comments:

The Muncies said...

i know that has to feel so great to have that room on its way to being ready! don't forget to take some in progress pics -- I love the ones we took of everyone's hands preparing the nursery for Kirkley's arrival -- will be so fun to show them one day!

Footprints Ministry said...

Love the shirt!!! I can't wait to see his room! We are praying for Mike today! Love ya!

Kimmie said...

I bought the same shirt!!! did you know i work at the swanky stork? wish i could have seen you! i will be praying for mike's surgery.

Brandi said...

I know how great it feels to start getting things ready. We had the room ready for a few months before the furniture ever arrived. It stressed me out just to walk in the room. Maybe you won't have the trouble I had. I don't wish that on anyone. I can't wait to see the finished product.

The Powells said...

April - Babies R Us is a black hole, but don't worry, with time you will navigate through there much faster. let me know if you are interested in Graco, I could possibly get you a deal on some items. I loved our Graco Safe Seat and Stroller - I definitely recommend it!! Not to mention pack 'n plays too. Call me and we can chat.

Christina

PS - I love the pictures with Tatum

Chris, Kristin, and Emily said...

praying that everything went smoothly yesterday for Mike's surgery.

praying also for that sweet baby boy too!

~k said...

Do you watch Lipstick Jungle? Tatum looks like Nicco's husband's mistress. Really pretty picture!!!