9.06.2008

Getting Bigger


I had to post both of these pictures because I really think I look bigger from the left side! These were taken last night. Tomorrow will be 21 weeks. This week, a lady in one of the offices I call on asked if I'm sure I'm not having twins! Umm... that would be negative.
Thanks for the camera suggestions! I ordered a new one this week. I used American Express points, so it was free! I got the Canon Powershot SD870. My mom let me borrow hers to see if I liked it, and it was great. I still may get a nice, larger camera after Christmas. I'm trying to decide between the Nikon D40 or D60 or the Canon Rebel. I've heard great things about both; they're pretty pricey, so I'm going to spend some more time researching them.
Mike and I are supposed to go to the beach next week, and I'm getting nervous about the weather- and Hurricane Ike. We don't leave until Wednesday. We've decided that if the weather looks horrible for Destin, we may cancel early next week and go somewhere else. The problem is deciding where else to go. We must go next week, because the travel card we're using expires at the end of September. If anyone has been anywhere great (within driving distance), please let us know! We want to relax, eat, shop (maybe that's just me), Mike would love to play golf, and we're planning on spending four nights. Any ideas?
I better end this post. I convinced Mike to pay $30 for the Alabama game, and I've been on the computer since it started:)

13 comments:

Kristin Coppock said...

Ha! I am doing the same thing. We have the game, but we paused it so we could cook! You are not bigger on one side! I am planning on getting one of those same larger cameras for really good pictures. Well, the only places I can think of to go are on the east coast. That is no help because of Hanna, but Savannah or Charleston would be fun.

The Martin Family said...

you are totally rocking the belly shot...you are about as cute as they come! can't wait for our girls' weekend!!!

The Martin Family said...

oh, and we have the rebel and love it!!

The Beckners said...

April, you look great! Don't worry about the twins comment...I got that one a few times as well and then on the same day...someone would tell me I looked too small that I was not eating enough! People are too open with their opinions about pregnant people!

Maggie M. Cooper said...

you are the cutest thing ever!:) come see me soon!

The Carters said...

You look super cute in the belly pictures! At least you haven't had someone in one of your offices ask you when you are ever going to have the baby... when you are only 5 1/2 months pregnant! :)
I think that you and Mike should just come stay with Brad and I for your vacation - HA!

The Carters said...

Also, are those maternity jeans and where did you get them? They are cute!

Brandi said...

You look great and you were not missing anything in that game. Good luck on vacation planning. I can't think of anywhere great to go. Good luck though.

The Basquins said...

You are gorgeous at the more than halfway mark (and always)! My suggestions for an inland getaway - The Ritz at Reynolds Plantation in GA on Lake Oconee. Y'all would love it, and it's only 1 1/2 hrs outside of ATL. I'll keep my thinking cap on for some other possibilities. . .

Laura Mielke said...

You look great.

Nick and I love Asheville, North Carolina.

Chris, Kristin, and Emily said...

you look great...and I wouldn't think there were twins in there, but i guess i've had a little experience with bellies in labor and delivery.

Shea said...

Hey! You are such a cute little pregnant lady! And, what site did you get that diaper bag of off? Also, we have the Nikon D40 "x" - and LOVE it.

Lauren said...

You look adorable!