1.15.2009

More pictures of the little man

Here are some more pictures of our little sucker, as I've nick-named him. He was sucking his thumb within a couple of hours of birth. He also loves the pacifier. We're trying to keep his hands covered, because he scratches his little face, but the pediatrician informed us today that we're probably not going to win the thumb-sucking battle. {Nice... our child is 4 days old, and he's already beating us, haha!} At least he took to nursing very well:)

Our first family picture

The whole family came to celebrate Trent

Big Yawn!

Great friends


Doesn't he look peaceful? I wish he would do this a little more:)

One of my favorite pictures yet!

Trent's future girlfriend was also born last week. Lillian Carter is beautiful, and I can't believe I haven't gotten my hands on her yet!!

Better go-- the little guy is waking up. He's been sleeping in his car seat since we got home from the pediatrician office this morning. I've already learned not to wake a sleeping baby:)

11 comments:

bethany@sippinsweetteablog said...

Trent is so precious! I'm so happy for y'all! How does it feel to be a mom?

Bowman said...

yay! more pictures! he looks so comfy...i need an oversized sleeper gown like that.

Mommy and a Ministry said...

He's so cute! I love the pic of Bailey sitting by him! Looks like Bailey is adjusting well! Hope you're getting some sleep! Please keep posting more precious pics!

Shea said...

Congratulations! He's adorable!

Anonymous said...

It looks like Bailey can't decide about Trent yet..
But I'm sure they will be best friends.. Bailey will probably be really protective of Trent..
Trent is so adorable..

The Carters said...

Not that I had any doubt about this, but Lillian's boyfriend sure is good lookiing! :) We talk about Trent and aunt April every day and she is super excited about meeting you both!

Leigh Collins said...

He is beautiful! Oh and btw, my youngest preferred her thumb immediately too. But since we have a family history of long time thumb suckers (like until 3rd grade), I made it my mission to shove a paci in her mouth any time she got a hold of her thumb! And it worked! She quickly learned to love the paci AND the best part was that I was able to take it away by 18 months! I know, our whole family said we were mean to take it away, but it sure did make life easier not having to keep up with it anymore!

Cile said...

EK and I love the pictures! She was thrilled to see Bailey as well as Trent. Her only request is that she see a picture of Trent's passy...I promised to pass it along.

John and Brooke said...

Very exciting! Absolutely precious. I had a C-Section on Tuesday. We got home today!! I was so ready to get out of the hospital!! Can't wait to see more pictures!! :)

Lauren said...

He is adorable. We are so happy for you and can't wait to see more pictures soon!

thebarronfam said...

What a beautiful little boy and blessing! Hope you all are settling in to being at home. Every week gets easier. Hang in there! Hope to see you all soon.