My friend Candy made this wreath- isn't it beautiful?! I can't wait to hang it on our door when Trent arrives!
Trent isn't due for almost 9 weeks, but he is already so loved! His second shower was yesterday in Auburn, and he got so many cute, fun gifts. It was great seeing family and friends, and the food and punch were wonderful {food is always on my mind these days.} The hostesses opened the presents and displayed them {this was a great idea} so I didn't look at everything until we got home last night. It felt like an early Christmas! Special thanks to the fabulous hostesses- Sarah, Scarlotte, Maggie, Candy, Mindy and Tracy.The great hostesses
Mama D and Mimi
Aunt Debbie and Grandmama (Gigi)
Christy and Aunt Connie
Trent's gifts... doesn't it remind you of Christmas?
Speaking of Christmas, I am almost finished Christmas shopping! I'll be 37 weeks pregnant for Christmas, and I knew I wouldn't feel like shopping in December this year. I wrapped presents this weekend. They probably won't go under a tree this year, as we have decided not to put up our tree. {PLEASE don't make me feel guilty!} We are putting up all of the other decorations:)
Wrapped presents {color-coded by family; I'm almost finished with the Reeds}
Bailey was great while I was wrapping, so I decided to give her an early Christmas present. We call this toy "Tree," and she can already "Go get Tree." What a smart girl:)
This is Bailey's FAVORITE toy- "Hissy" the cat. She sleeps with her most nights! Unfortunately, I can't find this toy at Wal Mart anymore, and Hissy has seen her better days!


9 comments:
I am here to make you feel GREAT about NOT putting up a xmas tree... you know I have the equivalent of quads (there names are Ashley Mac's!)... so for the past 2 years we have done no tree! and Xmas still felt like xmas.. we put everything else up..and saw lots of trees at family and freinds houses... so no shame in that! (although because I have a little more time this year I think I might break down and finally get a tree again!)
It looks like you got lots of great stuff for Trent! No judgement, just curious, why no tree? I am very impressed that you have already done your shopping. I need to get started. I usually do most of it on black friday but we will be heading to T-town for the Iron Bowl so not much will get done then. Then we are going to Hawaii for 6 days before Christmas so I must get started! I may call you for motivation.
Brandi- Getting the tree and all of it's accessories down from the attic is tough. And we have to put it in the den, so people can't see it from the road (don't know why this bothers me so much, but it does.) Finally, we're not even here for Christmas. I hate getting home and having to take down all of the stuff, and I think this year would be even harder. So... we're pulling out everything but the tree, and it will be much easier:) Still not sure where the wrapped presents will go...
Maybe try ebay for another Hissy? You never know!
Hey,
I hate that i couldn't be there! I wanted to see you. Sounds like it was fun!
talk to you later,
A
April you look GREAT! I can't believe you only have 9 more weeks..it goes fast. Glad to hear the great news about Mike..GOD is good and has great timing!
I support your decision to forego the tree. Gunter believes we'll have room for our tree in the new house, but I have my doubts.
I am impressed! You're done shopping and I've barely begun!
April - i love the Trent letters and I am so impressed that you have all of your shopping complete - you are going to be a great mom!!
Post a Comment