This cake was fabulous! Kelli, you did a great job! It matched the invitation and had cream cheese icing. I've had three pieces today {then remembered I have a doctor appt. and weight check tomorrow- boo!}
My sister and mom came and gave Trent a BOB stroller. I should have taken a picture of it! Hopefully it will inspire me to run!
My sweet hostesses {we're missing Brittney.} Thank you SO MUCH girls!!
Trent's Mimi {Mike's mom} and Mama D {my mom} are going to spoil him rotten... and I think I'm fine with that:)
On a totally different note, can we discuss braxton hicks contractions? I am having TONS of them {at least one an hour and sometimes 4-5 an hour at night.} They do not hurt; my stomach just gets really hard. My doctor said if there is no pain associated with them, there is no problem. I do not mind them if that is the case. However, the Internet says that they prepare your body for labor. Do I really need to be prepared 15 weeks early? {They started 5 weeks ago, at 25 weeks.} I've noticed that many of my friends that have had them deliver early. I fully expected to be late, because my mom was late with both of us {I know- that doesn't really mean anything- it was just in my head.} Did any of you have them? Did you deliver early, late, on time?


12 comments:
Cute diaper cake! The contractions were there with Caleb but came around 30 wks. with Macy and I had both babies early. I thought of it as a cue to put my feet up more. I tended to have more the more active I was. You look great!
you look GREAT April! Can't wait to see sweet little Trent! i haven't had braxton hicks yet i don't think...are they pretty easy to notice??
you look GREAT April! Can't wait to see sweet little Trent! i haven't had braxton hicks yet i don't think...are they pretty easy to notice??
I had them starting around 30 weeks. They were more noticable when I was active. Karlee was born two weeks early.
I had them, but not until well into my 3rd trimester...and Carter was 1 week late and wouldn't have come then if we hadn't induced!
Your shower looked so fun! Now on to Opelika this Sunday. . .Trent will be spoiled well before he even arrives. As for the Braxton Hicks, I started early, too (sometime in the early 20s in terms of weeks). I definitely had more the more active I was, and Dr G told me to slow down when they got to be more frequent than 4 in an hour. You know the story with Jackson - born 3 days early but with an induction.
Glad to see you are doing good.. Love the cake... Looks like everybody had a good time...
Looks like you had a fun shower! Not scare you, but I started contracting about that same time with both of my girls and one was 6 weeks early and the second was 4 weeks early. My brother (who is also an OB) always told me to drink more water and stay hydrated and put my feet up and rest! It did seem to help!
cute, cute, cute-that's what you are:) i can't wait to see trent's fun stuff! i did have soem b-h, but not until 34 weeks or so and ME came 2 days late with induction...i'll cross my fingers he'll come early for you:)
Hi! Congrats on the pregnancy! Loved the diaper cake! I'm a friend of Julia's. I wanted to leave you a comment so hopefully it will put your mind at ease...a little. With pregnancy, that's sometimes hard to do. I had Braxton Hicks starting at 22 weeks, and I had them ALOT!! Drinking water and rest did help. But I didn't deliver my son until almost 2 weeks AFTER his due date. So they did not make him come early at all! Hopefully this will be the case for you (not the 2 weeks after your DD part!!) I even went to the hospital twice b/c they were so frequent. The hospital always told me if they weren't painful, they were nothing to worry about. And like I said, he was late getting here! I wish you the best of luck!!
You look ADORABLE!! And yes, I've been having them for a few weeks as well...My stomach gets SO tight!! Your shower pictures are really cute...call me soon!
April, you are one hot moma!!!
Post a Comment