I'm tired of looking at the cake picture, so I decided to update the blog. I also made a strawberry cake last week {Holly- your recipe}. I liked it better than the chocolate one, but strawberry cakes are my favorite! I'm not baking this week, because I have my glucose test {and a weight check} next week. Mike rarely eats sweets, so I probably ate an entire bundt cake last week.

I'm almost finished reading the first book of Karen Kingsbury's Redemption series. It's quite a stretch from my usual murder mysteries, but I like it. I was a skeptical at first and assumed that christian fiction translated into boring and unrealistic; I've been pleasantly surprised {I know, many of you "told me so."} I'm still anxiously awaiting Harlan Coben's next novel, and I'm always looking for new authors.
I'm signing off because I'm trying to blog and watch the Young and the Restless at the same time. Yes, I still Tivo the Young and the Restless every day! I'm addicted...


7 comments:
I too am a DVR Y&R watcher! It is getting really crazy and if it weren't for Cane and Lilly I would stop watching :) I totally called the story line that Billy is Chloe's baby-daddy!!
Tell Mike hi and we continue to pray for him!
I am so glad that you mentioned that book series and that you are liking it! I am almost certain that Brandi gave me those books sometime last year to read and I forgot all about them until now. I too was skeptical, but have heard so many great things about them that I am going to get started. YEAH - new books to read!
Have you tried Tess Gerritsen? She's not Coben, but a nice fill in between releases! Medical type mysteries.
http://www.tessgerritsen.com/
LOVE Bailey's stick!
April, I can totally relate to your claim that it is hard relax at home due to knowing the list of chores that need to be done. For me, the same is true and being at home with my babies really complicates things because, I feel caught up on housework and when they are sleeping and there is NOTHING for me to be doing I still feel like I can't relax, or almost guilty/bored. I have REMIND myself that when I go back to work in November I will miss this time SO much where my biggest responsibility was to love on my babies and clean clothes and countertops.
You'll soon be addicted to Christian fiction. Though Karen can be a bit predictable and unrealistic at times, I'm still hooked. By the way, I finally added you to my google reader so I can keep up with your blog, too. Nice bundt cake, too!
You are going to love the books. BTW, I did give Heidi some of those books, I had completely forgotten. I Tivo Days of Our Lives everyday. I haven't seen an episode since I went back to work but I will catch up during the holidays, I always do. And yes, I LOVE our highchair. It reclines so HC sat in it early on. She sat with us while we ate. It is also mobile so if you have a fussy baby you can pull them around with you while you prepare their food. Great choice!
I finished the entire redemption series in like a month. They get SOOO good and you will not be able to put them down!!! I am reading the F series now and while I haven't gotten as into it as I did the R series, I have heard that it too gets better. And don't feel so bad, I tivo the original 90210 every day and watch it!! Let me know how your glucose test goes. Mine is a week from Tuesday.
Post a Comment