I am not creative, and I can't decorate very well. I'm fine with it; I've accepted it over the years. I admire creative people who can decorate. I have some very talented friends. {I need to do a post on a few of them.}
The whole "nursery" concept is a huge challenge for me. I'd probably be better off back in the days when you just put the baby in a crib in whatever room was vacant. Luckily, Trent's nursery is coming together... slowly. Mike and his dad are painting Saturday {we're sticking with tan; our house is still on the market.} The bedding is here, and the furniture will be here next Tuesday.
We don't have a theme. Because we picked green and blue bedding, I guess those are the colors. My super amazing friend Tracy gave me tons of cute clothes and this banner...
**Don't worry-- we haven't changed his name! Hopefully we one of my creative friends can paint Trent's name over Wilson's name.
These are the other prints I'm considering...


Maybe this gives us a "lab/dog" theme. Do these look okay together? Do I have to frame them if they're on canvas?
Speaking of themes, I asked Mike if we really needed a theme for the nursery. He said, "I don't know why you have to have a theme. I mean, why do people have to have monkeys or snakes or whatever?" SNAKES?! Who has a snake theme? He said he was just throwing out animals {or reptiles} but I thought it was hilarious!


8 comments:
I absolutely think that you can mix the two lab prints! Hey, I think that we just created you a theme. :) Whatever you do, please use the yellow lab one because that is the one that I always see and think needs to go in Trent's room. I also don't think that you need to frame canvas prints, but it does make them look more formal. I've been debating that with the pictures I'm looking at for Lillian's room. Decisions... Ugh!
I ordered the cottontail bedding finally. I don't think it will be here until close to Thanksgiving so John thinks we now have a bunny theme and is not very happy about it :) I told him I don't really like "themes" for room so it just so happens that there are bunnies (very masculine ones of course) on his bedding. But we are doing chocolate brown and pale blue as far as colors, so that is boy, right!
April you and I are so similar - I cannot decorate either and I totally accept that - I always feel like I will buy a print and not like it in a year....so I opted to buy frames and include the twins' pictures in the frames. I love going in their nursery and looking at thier baby pictures.
April you crack me up!! and what Mike said about snakes... that so sounds like something Andy would say! hilarious!!! I can't wait to see how your nursery turns out... I have no doubt it will be super cute!!! and if not, good thing the baby will never know.. ha!
I love it April, and it will be super cute! And don't worry about the theme-we didn't have one-just cutesy I guess-but whatever you do will be precious...I am so excited about Trent getting here!:)
I don't have a theme for Karlee's room either. My future sister-in-law paints. She painted the rabbit picture that hangs above Karlee's bed as my surprise shower gift. It's gorgeous. Next time you're in town, call me and we can see what she can do. She changed the colors on a lady bug canvas picture my mom has in Karlee's room at her house.
You don't have to have a theme. I think one just sort of happens. Ours is dragonflies but there are not too many of them so it doesn't look over-the-top. Just go with what you like and you will love it. Even if noone else does:)
i LOVE the snake theme :) I miss you! Can't wait to see Trent when he finally comes along!
Post a Comment