When my parents moved 10+ years ago, I had to throw away a big box of letters {many folded just like this, complete with the "pull here" tab and "private" descriptions} that had been under my bed for a LONG time. I even saved a few of them. Maybe I can use them one day to show my children that I've "been there," ha!
It was a sad day when my mom enforced the "If it comes through the laundry, I read it" rule. But after tiny pieces of paper ruined lots of laundry, I can see why she came up with this idea; and it worked pretty well:)
It makes me sad to think that my children will likely only communicate through text and emails. Don't get me wrong, I love technology and have even taken advantage of emailing thank-you's, but I think personalized letters are special.
Speaking of my mom, Mama D celebrated a birthday last week. Happy Belated Birthday Mom! We love you!




1 comment:
I have MANY boxes of those too!!! and I agree....those were the good old days!!!! I too still love to write and get letters...and hope to teach this out of date practice to my kids!(:
Post a Comment