I've always loved Publix. I'm pretty sure I've never had a negative experience in the 6+ years I've shopped at Publix. I guess it was bound to change at some point.
Miller and I went to Publix tonight, while Trent was hanging out with Mama D, Daddy G, and Trevor. I was looking for Dr. Brown's bottle nipples, but I was pretty sure they didn't carry Dr. Brown's products. I was correct, but it didn't even bother me. The store wasn't crowded, so Miller and I went up and down a few isles. My heart skipped a beat when I saw that Earth's Best baby food was Buy One Get One Free. Sometimes it's just the little things:) I literally thanked God as I walked down the isle and thought, "I'll definitely be adding this to my Thankful List tonight.
I'm sure I was smiling as I took my 40 jars {yes, you read that correctly} of baby food out of my cart and placed them on the counter. It was then when it started going downhill.
"Are these on sale?" the check-out girl asked me. Ummmm..... no, I just decided to get 40 tonight. Instead I went with, "Yes, they are BYGOF," explaining why I was stocking up and super excited.
"The limit is 10. You can only buy 10," she said in a matter-of-fact tone.
I explained that I always bought more than 10 in Montgomery when they were BYGOF. She was unamused but apologized. I asked her who made the rule, and she did not know. I asked if they could hold the ones I couldn't buy so my family could come purchase them. She told me they'd be put back on the shelves. {At this point I think my blood pressure shot up.} I asked if I could get back in line and buy 10 more. She said no and apologized again. She asked me what 10 I wanted to purchase, and I told her it didn't matter, the first 10 were fine. I think the lady behind me was over it and might have complained if I'd started sorting through flavors.
I was SO annoyed when I left the store. I'm still not over it. I plan to go back tomorrow on my way to work and again on my way home. It's not about the money saved at this point. It's not even about the baby food. It's my crazy, hormonal {Miller still gets all breast milk} self thinking, "I'll show you. I'll get my 40 jars of baby food one way or another." I know it's not the right attitude, and this is probably one of the most ridiculous posts I've ever posted. But sometimes I think it's good to keep it real.
I'm officially signing off and stepping down from my soap box now. Goodnight:)


3 comments:
I hate that new rule!!! It makes sense for ketchup and salad dressings and other BOGO items, but babyfood? Seriously, they are like 3 oz jars, they should bend the rules on that one! And it does make it worse when you are hormonal.
I bet if you send an email to the corporate office you will get an answer! :)
Uhhh, frustrating! I think my blood pressure went up just reading about the check out girl. I'm glad to see you got your jars but it makes me wonder...why stop at 40? Glad to read your comments on my blog.
Post a Comment