9.03.2011

Big Brother

We found out Trent was going to be a big brother on Fathers Day, so I told Mike in his card.

We waited until I was 10 weeks pregnant to tell Trent, and then we had a little photo session in his new shirt so we could send a picture announcement to family and close friends.


Yesterday we went for an ultrasound, and I asked the sweet ultrasound tech to write "boy" or "girl" in a card instead of telling me, since Mike was unable to go to the ultrasound.  We decided we would let Trent open the card and read us the letters.  {He can't read, but he knows the letters, so we thought it would be fun.}  I was 99.9% certain it was another boy, because most everything about this pregnancy has been similar to my pregnancy with Trent.


I was tempted, but I did not take a peak.  Trent and I played outside for a little while, waiting on Mike to get home. 





Then Mike FINALLY got home, and we came inside to let Trent tell us if we're having a boy or a girl.  I have a video of the announcement, but I didn't take any pictures until afterwards.  Here is the card...


We were SHOCKED but thrilled to find out Trent is having a little SISTER!


Even though our lives and Mike's health feel like a roller coaster right now, we know this baby is part of God's plan.  We decided to try for baby #2 the last month Mike was in remission.  I prayed and prayed after we found out about Mike's cancer coming back and the MDS diagnosis.  I told God that if we weren't pregnant we would not try again; but if we were pregnant, we would believe it was His plan for our lives.  I'm thankful He is blessing us with this baby girl, and I pray she and Mike are both healthy when she arrives in February.

12 comments:

The Mader's said...

Such a wonderful and an amazing gift from God! I am ecstatic for you all!!!

Stephanie said...

Totally agree with Rebecca - an amazing gift from God and His timing is always perfect!!! Can't wait to see all the post and hear about all God's doing in this sweet blessing's life!!! Many prayers , friend!
Steph

tmiller said...

Yeah! So happy! This little girl is now and will be such a huge blessing for all of you!

Jessica Govan said...

That is so awesome! Congratulations!! Love how you told Mike too. That is a story your little girl will cherish for a lifetime.

P.S. Have fun at the consignment sales this week shopping for girl stuff!!!

Maggie Pelton said...

Congratulations. I have a lump in my throat. That last part made me cry. I will be praying with you for a healthy baby and husband.

Those consignment sales are going to be way more fun for you now!!

Ashley said...

congrats April!!!! So happy for y'all and praying for that little precious life (and of course for Mike). Trusting His plan is perfect for your family(:

Caroline Bobo said...

Congrats from The Bobos!!! Steven and I are so excited ya'll are having a GIRL!!! God is soo good!

MaryBeth said...

Yea! A girl!
Such creativity you have with your announcement and being able to share with Trent and Mike the results of the ultrasound!
God's blessings and prayers for health!

Jana said...

SWEET POST!!! What a wonderful gift you have to look forward to...She is such a little blessing. I love you and can't am so excited you get to experience life with the best of BOTH worlds! xoxo

The Muncies said...

hooowwww fun!!!!!!!!! so excited for yall!!!!

The Pughs said...

So Exciting! Little girls are the sweetest :) Praying for a healthy little girl, a healthy and safe delivery, for Mike's health and for your pregnancy. Good Luck with everything.

Courtney Cloud said...

I am behind on all of the blogs I follow. CONGRATULATIONS! We are lifting up your family in prayer daily! God is good and God is God in every situation. We are believing for healing and strength for all of you.