10.10.2011

Consignment, Zoo, Appliques and Baby Girl

When you don't blog for over a month, you end up having a really long blog title!  September was a crazy month.  If you follow Mike's Caringbridge site, you know we've had some tough days, but we are okay.

The big consignment sale was in September, and it did not disappoint.



I looked at all things boy before I even thought about going over to the baby girl section, and I still managed to come away with more girl clothes.  I think this is going to be the new trend:)

My mom, Tracy and Trevor came over one Saturday and we enjoyed a perfect day at the zoo.  Trent's favorite part was feeding the giraffes... or maybe the playground.





The embroidery machine spent a week at my house, and I spent all day one Saturday appliqueing with a friend.  It was fun, but I was not sad to send the machine back to my sister's house last weekend.  I have a love-hate relationship with appliqueing.  I love the end result, but it just takes so long!


This next picture wasn't part of the title, because nothing came from it.  I put him in underwear for about two hours one afternoon.  I can sum up the experience in two words:  NOT READY.  I think I was making this same face that afternoon.


Finally, I'm 20 weeks pregnant, and baby girl is growing.  We got to take another look at her a couple of weeks ago.  Mike went with me this time, and we confirmed that she is definitely a girl.  We're still working on her name... I'm hoping Mike will agree that my choice is best any day now:)

2 comments:

Jene Myers said...

You did a great job appliqueing- maybe you will inspire me to start! SO excited for Baby Miller's arrival!

Jana said...

April, first of all, you are so TINY!!! You look beautiful!! Also: I cannot BELIEVE you did all of that appliquing in one day...I have the same love hate relationship....but it just did turn out cute! Great job--PS: Trent's picture is priceless...Once Thomas was ready, it literally took 1-2 days...you will know when he is!