6.11.2010

17 Months

DSC_0828

Trent is 17 months old today! He got a new to him toy. Aren't hand-me downs fun?! Trent sure thinks so!

DSC_0787

The "crocs" he's wearing came from CVS. They were only $8 a pair, and we found navy and tan {Thanks to Aunt Tracy for finding the tan ones when I forgot his shoes last weekend!} in his size. I wish I could find more, but I think all of our stores around here are sold out.

DSC_0783
I'm not sure why he insisted on climbing up the slide, but he was not going to give up without a fit fight.

I was going to wait until 18 months to do an update, but here are a few quick things I'd like to remember about Trent at 17 months...

- He loves all things outside. I have to bribe him to come inside by asking if he wants an animal cracker. {I'm not proud of this, but it works.}
- He has no fear of water, which can be very scary. I taught swimming lessons in high school and college, and I remember the children who would just let go of the edge of the pool and start to drown go under water. I'd have to grab them and pull them up. They'd come up choking on water and SMILING. Trent is one of those children. He loves going under water! I know it could change next summer, but for now, he can not be near water unless somebody is holding his hand. Getting him out of the big pool is like taking him inside; it usually results in lots of tears.
- If I ask him if he is funny, he will fake laugh. If I asked him if he cried today, he will fake cry. It's hilarious!

He and cousin Trevor had fun skinny dipping last weekend.

DSC_0686

Trent's favorite part was dumping water over his head.

DSC_0609

I mean, he really enjoyed it...

DSC_0665

Aren't $10 pools great investments?!

2 comments:

Kimmie said...

he is too cute april! i love all your pictures..you are getting good at taking them and i love that editing software. makes everything so crisp and bright. :) trent sounds a lot like isaac. however, i think the terrible twos are started early here at our house. crazy tandrums lately... ugghh. :)

TJ and Amy Garrigan said...

April I just love reading your blog! He is precious. You are getting great at taking pictures. I love your comment about Trent fake laughing and crying...that is hilarious! I would love to meet him sometime...maybe we can have a bunko and all of yall mommies bring your sweet angels. I would love to meet them!