4.25.2010

Big Fun

What do you do when you can't go outside and play?
DSC_0047
You make a cardboard box into a house, of course!

DSC_0049
He really liked the pillow in there {but don't worry, there were no naps in the box!}


My sister used sleep in her box house {probably wearing a headband- she loved them!} when we were younger. One of our favorite things to do was decorate our houses. I can only imagine how many times I wrote my name on the side of my house. You know, just in case somebody wondered who the box in my parents' living room belonged to.

Thankfully, the beautiful weather was back today. Here is what happens when you let a little boy wash his hands with the outside faucet...

DSC_0068
"This is fun, but I wonder what would happen if I did this..."

DSC_0113

DSC_0075
"Fun! Water goes everywhere!"

DSC_0102
And eventually we ended up with this...

DSC_0129

Finally it was time to go inside and clean up.
DSC_0143
No worries, he didn't go for the razor. He was so shocked that I let him have his sippy cup in the tub that he actually sat still the whole time.

We hope you had a great weekend too!





PS- I haven't been to Starbucks in four days. I'm pretty sure that is a record. I even have two free drink coupons! Maybe I will get a Vivanno tomorrow.

5 comments:

~k said...

These are great!
LOVE the box!

Mommy and a Ministry said...

love the picture of his little hiney! ha! he's gonna kill you for that one day! too cute!

Anonymous said...

love naked water days! Karlee has a box just like that with coloring all over it at her grandmomma's house just for rainy days on my work days. She loves it!

The Basquins said...

I love the water fun - Trent and J would have so much fun together in a sprinkler! :) And as for writing your name all over your box, I still have that doodling habit. During meetings, I always wrote my name over and over on paper. Sanity savers!

Ashley said...

Great pics! I share your obsession and wanted to add one of my favorite things! :) For my birthday I went to b&h photo and ordered a fixed/prime 50 mm lens...LOVE it!! Not sure what lens you are using, but I think you would LOVE it too...and it's pretty cheap, as far as lenses go! Check it out! Love reading the blog and looking at that sweet baby! :)