
While Trent enjoyed seeing some animals, he preferred to do this all morning...

I'm serious. The boy LOVED walking alongside the stroller.

When he got tired of walking, he relaxed for a little while.

Since we couldn't touch most of the animals, he went for the bushes.

The giraffes were my favorite!

"Really, we have to leave? I didn't get to hug any animals!"
Mike and I attended a ball Saturday night, and our friends Will and Ammie came in town to watch the adult dance recital go with us. We had lots of fun and stayed out later than we have in at least 15 months. Unfortunately, Ammie fell down our stairs in the middle of the night and broke her wrist. {It was dark; we have hardwood stairs, and she was wearing socks. See how it could happen?} Apparently Ammie has an amazing pain tolerance, because she went back to bed after it happened. She didn't go to the doctor until the next day when she got home. We feel SO badly that it happened and really hope Will and Ammie will come back to visit. We promise to leave the lights on:)

I had so much fun with these girls!
We celebrated my birthday with my family on Sunday. My recent photography addiction was obvious when I received a new lens and a new editing program for my birthday! {Thanks Mom and Dad!}

As with all "Miller family" gatherings, a photo shoot was essential. This was one of my favorites:)
Mike surprised me with this cake! It was a hint to what he'd planned for Sunday and Monday. I could do a whole post on this topic, but I will just say that I have an amazing husband who went all out for my 30th birthday!! 
Trent remembered how we let him dig into his cake on his birthday and wasn't thrilled when we held him back this time.
Finally, this little man's 15-month appt. was this morning. He loved his doctor but hated the nurse {he remembered that she is the one who gives shots.} We got a great report! He was 27.5 pounds and 31.5 inches long {75th percentile for both.}
He still loves seeing his daddy in the afternoons!
This lasted for about three seconds:)
And since this post is already entirely too long, I wanted to answer a couple of question from my last post. The photography class I'm taking is through the Parks and Recreation department. It's $75 for four two-hour classes. It's nothing fancy, but since I'm just taking pictures for fun, it's perfect for me. My camera is a Nikon D60. I don't think they are making this model anymore, but I'm pretty sure it's equivalent to the Nikon D3000. Okay, I better end this before blogger cuts me off:)




5 comments:
i want the post on the awesome birthday festivities mike planned! :)
April!! Your pictures are amazing!! Is it the lens or the editing program??! I LOVE my lens! Tell me what setting you shot at the zoo (the giraffe pic and his hand is great!!). I'm still playing with mine...tell me the name of your editing program! Is it hard?? I should just call you...too much to talk about!
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THESE ARE ALL SO FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!
And even before the new lens!!!!!
Yippee!!!!!!!!
The one of the giraffes is AWESOME!
and the one in the BOX! Omagah!
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GREAT pics (my fav is the giraffe shot)! And LOVE the cake :) I want to know what Mike's surprise was for sunday and monday??
I have the D60 too. What new lens did you get???
Post a Comment