2.13.2010

Snow, Deals, and Honesty

I love that we had snow for a day, and I love that we only get snow about once a year:) I get stir crazy pretty quickly, and I think Trent inherited this not-so-great trait from me. Unfortunately, Trent had a cold and didn't really enjoy the snow. But of course it didn't stop me from bundling him up and taking some snow pictures!

Here are about a million some of my favorite pictures from yesterday...

DSC_0899
Isn't she a pretty girl? {She's at her ideal weight! We switched her to diet food. It's a win-win situation, because now she eats as soon as we pour it in the bowl. No more worries about Trent getting her food!}


DSC_0865
This face pretty much sums up what he thought about being outside in the show.


DSC_0855
Mike was very excited about the snow! He can't wait until Trent can help him build a snowman, and he could have used the extra help this year:)


DSC_0857
Snow on eyelashes... wish he'd inherited these from me.


DSC_0846
"Trent, do you want to get down in the snow?" Umm... NO.


DSC_0881
Pretty trees


DSC_0876
More trees


DSC_0878
This is an example of why you should pick up dog poop in your yard. We named our snowman "Stinky" before he crashed and died.

This has nothing to do with the snow, but I am very proud of my consignment purchases. I bought all of these play clothes for Trent for $98!!

IMG_0608
I am not very good at couponing or finding the best deals. I have actually made myself start shopping at my least favorite store until I can learn how to coupon at Publix.

And finally, since I've typed and deleted 3-4 posts about this topic, I am just going to sum it up now. I'm going to stop filtering the blog. I know I said I wasn't going to blog about Mike's cancer, but I'm now going to blog about it when it's relevant. While his CaringBridge site will still be the best place to get updates, I'm going to blog the truth about our lives. I felt convicted about my decision to leave cancer out of the blog this week. If our journey with cancer can help somebody who reads my blog, I don't want to miss the opportunity to help because I'm determined to keep my blog fun and happy. How can we be trophies of God's grace if we don't share the things He's doing in our lives? So, if our weeks are full of cancer drama and tears, {like last week} I'm not going to post cute pictures of Trent and pretend all is well. I wanted to let you all know about my decision in order to hold myself accountable to it. And if you're still reading, I am super impressed:)


9 comments:

Micheal said...

I am still reading, ha! I always read both this site and the CaringBridge site. We always pray for y'all and our SS class does too (I need to get better at leaving comments and signing the guestbook). Trent is such a cutie! Good luck with learning to coupon at Publix. It can easily become an addiction! Have a great Valentine's Day.

thebarronfam said...

I am still reading too. And i also shop at your least favorite store, because it is so much cheaper. I am impressed by all of your deals you got for the little one. Love reading your blog!

kai said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
~k said...

Of course we are still reading love!
We love you and we are so glad your news turned around a bit this week!
Power of prayer, huh?
and...we learned the lesson about scooping too! Just because you can't see it doesn't mean it's not there!!!

Maggie M. Cooper said...

Love the sweet Trent snow pics-hope he feels better soon... And I love that you are going to share more about the cancer part of your lives-because it is part of your lives, and all of us who read are here for you:) Love you!!!

The Muncies said...

Been thinking about yall tons this week!

Jana said...

April I for one appreciate hearing the real story. I am happy that you are listening to your heart and not holding back. Real people's lives are full of happy moments, sad moments, regret, fear, joy etc. Just because I may not be going through the exact same situation as you doesn't mean my life is perfect and I can't relate in a different way. And don't fear...us readers will understand and respect you more for those happy pictures of Trent even though there is uncertainty in other areas of your life. Sorry to go on and on I just want you to feel confident. I'll keep reading for sure - Jana

The Longs said...

Enjoyed reading your blog... and yes I was still reading at the end. You guys have been in our thoughts and prayers even more the last couple of weeks--- and that's alot! We are glad to hear everyone is doing well and happy with your decision to include all aspects of your life in your blog. Okay- so I must know... where did you get Trent's cute consignment clothes? Also- I think I have a friend that blogs on how to save $$$ at publix. I will send it to you! BTW- we got a Dyson last night!

BetsyBeanie said...

you, Mike, Trent and of course Bailey are amazing!! God is Good!!!