2.21.2010

Last week

I was off work for Presidents Day last Monday, so we rode to work with Mike and played at my parents house. My mom pulled out some old antique toys, and Trent and Trevor had fun playing the piano and riding the pony.
<span class=
Look at those cute little hands! They didn't notice or care that the keys were out of tune and a little yellow.


<span class=
I rode this pony when I was little. That makes it close to 30 years old. Trent loved it!


<span class=
"Faster Daddy G, Faster!"


<span class=
We attempted a photo session, and this is the best I could get before the wrestling match began.


<span class=
Isn't Trevor's face cute? He's winning:)


<span class=
This was probably my favorite picture from the day.

When we got home, we heard that Mickey Mouse was at one of the mexican restaurants near our house. We decided to hurry over and let Trent meet his favorite cartoon character. I expected a meltdown. {Separation anxiety is at an all-time high right now.}
<span class=
We saw Mickey from a distance.


<span class=
I don't know if you can tell from the picture, but Trent was standing up in the high chair. We had to turn it around, so he could see Mickey at all times.


<span class=
Mickey finally came over to our table, and our child, {who pokes out his lip when most family members hold him} let Mickey Mouse hold him! He then proceeded to give Mickey a high five and wave bye bye. What?! I was so shocked I put down the camera, so I don't have evidence. All I can guess is that he watches Mickey most mornings, so maybe he felt a connection:)


<span class=
There was a balloon man there too.

In other news, I went to another children's consignment sale Tuesday. Y'all, these are fabulous! I had just bought Trent a pair of white Stride Rite shoes at Dillards. They were too big, so I was happy to find three pairs of Stride Rite shoes at the consignment sale for way less than I paid for the one pair.
<span class=
I took out the shoelaces to wash them. Don't they look new?


<span class=
Here's everything I bought- for a grand total of $125. I was pickier this time and only bought outfits I really liked. The smaller one in the middle is for cousin Trevor.

There are still two more consignment sales coming up, so it's not too late to join in the fun:)


5 comments:

Sue said...

I was going to ask where you get your cute smocked clothes! I guess now I know. So excited that now that I'm back in the south, I can actually find cute smocked clothes again without having to scour the internet!!!!

The Beckners said...

April, I am telling you consignment sales are the way to go! I have gotten so much stuff there and for white nice shoes I use the magic eraser to make them look brand new! Love the pics...Trent is so cute!

Jana said...

I swear, Trent reminds me so much of Thomas!! We have that same "circus" smocked outfit (only ours is red solid color!! I LOVE your purchases! Stride Rites are the absolute best!! Glad you found several pair!

thebarronfam said...

let me know the next time you go...i want to go with you!

2bamagirls said...

ok, I gotta know...where are these consignment sales?? How do you find out about them?? You will have to fill me in at church next week.

dianne