4.26.2009

Four...

is the number of times we changed Trent's clothes before church this morning. He kept spitting up just enough to warrant another outfit. I know my mom and probably some others are thinking I could have just wiped it off, but it was too much for that; and I didn't want to take him to church smelling like spit-up... at least not yet.

Yes, we own tons of bibs, and twice they were on him when he managed to spit up around the bibs. If he hadn't been so dang happy the whole time he was spitting, I might have backed out of church. Oops, I did try to back out after the third outfit, but Mike insisted that God was not giving us signs to skip church.
We left him in the nursery today for the first time, and they promised me he did great. He only cried once, when he woke himself up from a nap with a big burp and simultaneous poot. He is his daddy's child. So, my question is... what is the maximum number of times you have changed your child's outfit before leaving the house? Four seems like an awful lot to me; he might have gone in a onesie if he'd messed up number four.

15 weeks old... maybe I should have taken him to church like this:)

He loves his daddy!

8 comments:

The Hamiltons said...

I must say that Trent has Micah beat...we've had 3 wardrobe changes while trying to leave the house...although, Micah's isn't spit up related... Micah actually almost ran out of clothes in Orlando because he kept having diaper disasters!
Trent is SUPER CUTE! : )

Whitney said...

I have had lots of experiences like that. It is almost like a game. At this point, I already have so many to dress that if Ben spits up on his clothes I wipe it off and swear to the nursery workers that he must have spit up in the car. Ha! Sometime you just have to go with it. :) And don't worry, you diaper disasters are coming. I hope you are doing well with your return to work. Trent is still adorable.

obb said...

Hey! I can't believe how big he is getting...so handsome! Love the picture of him and Mike. I miss you and love you, hope all is well!

KatieBooth said...

April...Oh my goodness...He is absolutely precious!!! Such a doll. Hope all is well with yall...

Natalie-John+2 said...

WHAT A GREAT PICTURE!! Your two boys are so handsome and happy....what a blessing! Enjoy Trent while he is this small...I still can't get over my "baby" is 5'3" and almost 10 years old!

Hickman Family said...

Can you please preach to the choir!! This is our DAILY routine!! The girls constantly wear a bib! The worst is when I have dressed them for the day and I go to get a bib to put on them and while I'm getting it...THEY SPIT UP EVERYWHERE! I'm like...SERIOUSLY??????? And you're so right, its more than enough to just wipe off, you have to completely change them! I hear when they sit up, it gets soooo much better. I'm constantly using those clorox wipes to wipe off exersaucers and johnny jump ups - because they're always getting motion sickness! :) Trent's definately not the only one!

Bowman said...

haha little trentanator. well spitup is better than poop.

lsnellings said...

Neither of my girls was much of a spit upper, but Libby did have some explosive diapers that required outfit changes occasionally!