3.16.2009

Two Months

Trent's 2-month appt. was this morning. I had my list of questions ready, and I was a little nervous about the shots. Thank goodness he did extremely well. He screamed for a minute as the sweet nurse gave him three shots, and I managed to hold it together. I think he actually liked the rotavirus vaccine {probably because it was something to taste/swallow.} He is 13 pounds 4 oz and 24 inches long (90th percentile for both). The nurse didn't have any trouble finding a place to give the shots in his chunky legs:) His diet is still limited to breast milk, but the doctor told us we could give him a little rice cereal. He suggested using a spoon instead of putting it in the bottle. I think we have a better shot of him actually getting it if we put it in the bottle, don't you think? We might try it tonight.

Here are some pictures from the past couple of weeks...
Trent was fussy, so Mike acted fussy too. He definitely looks like his daddy in this picture, haha!
"How many pictures are we going to take?"

Sweet Lillian came to visit us! Then this little cutie went on to spend her weekend in the hospital. She is feeling better, but please keep her (and Heidi and Brad) in your prayers.
Lisa and Ansley came to visit! Ansley was a great "babysitter." She put the paci back in his mouth and "ssshhh'd" him to sleep when he got fussy.

14 comments:

Brandi said...

Mike's faces crack me up! Trent to so stinkin cute. We can't wait to meet him.

lsnellings said...

Hey April! Trent is so cute! And quite a chunky monkey too! Congratulations!

I don't know if you were actually asking a question about rice cereal but I thought I would give you my two cents anyways! :) I would probably hold off on giving him anything other than breast milk or formula for at least two more months. Babies really don't need any supplementing until 4-6 months. If you do decide to give him some, use the spoon. Just don't put too much on it at a time and make it just a little thicker than breast milk.

Sorry for the unsolicited advice! Again, your son is adorable!

Lauren (Putnam) Snellings

Mari Wilkes Photography said...

I can't believe they told you to go ahead and give him cereal!!! That's crazy! Especially since he's already so big and has not trouble eating! I've always heard that introducing any kind of foods before 6 months can increase the possibility of food allergies, among other problems. I would definitely hold off on that!! Both of my babies were breast milk only until like 5 months, and they did wonderfully. I just don't think he needs it since he is so big!! :)

Anyways, I can't wait to see him! Only a couple more weeks and I'll be taking that chunky monkey's pictures!!! :) Can't wait!!!

Brittney said...

Just say no to rice cereal!

Margaret Worrell said...

I love the pic with Mike acting fussy! Too cute!

The Powells said...

April - I love the pictures and Mike's humor definitely shines through. You guys are great parents!

The Reeds said...

Hey everyone,
I feel like I need to defend our sweet doctor. The only reason he mentioned rice cereal is because Trent is still acting hungry after eating 32 oz/day of breast milk. I asked if there was anything else we could do, and he mentioned one teaspoon of cereal. He didn't tell us we should do it; he just said it was an option. I never knew it was such a hot topic:) Thanks for all of the advice. Have a great week!
April

Mari Wilkes Photography said...

That's funny! I was reading back through our comments and it does sound like we were jumping down some throats! Sorry! :) Glad you cleared it up - no offense to your doc!! I'm sure he's fabulous!! Your little man just likes to eat! :)

obb said...

So glad I finally got to meet that sweet boy! So good to see you!

Kelly Jones said...

April, he is precious! He's a big boy; my poor Emma has always been so tiny. Squeeze him for me!

Jana said...

Ohmigosh! WHat a cutie!! I can't believe he is 13.4 and so tall!! THat's awesome!! Thomas was 12.1 and 23 inches at his 8 week and has definitely put on the lbs since then!! I think we have some big CUTE boys!!! :) I take him for his 4 month in April and am anxious to see how much he weighs! We tried rice cereal but he HATED it and pitched a huge fit...did it twice and now I'm just waiting until I go to the doctor to find out what he thinks...So proud of you for still bfeeding!

Whitney said...

So i am a little late getting in on the cereal topic but just throwing this out there.Every mom and doctor will tell you something different. Ella started juice and solids (pastas, veggies, and meats) at 3 months. That was what her doctor recommended. However, the next doctor we had recommended nothing but breastmilk until 6 months. However, Jack was a big boy and LOVED to eat so we slipped him rice early since he was eating non-stop. Best advice is to do what you think Trent needs. You are the one that has to live with him. :) Just one more point, other moms will tell you not to start cereal so early but if they were in your shoes and they thought their baby was still hungry they would feed them cereal in a heartbeat. Just going against the grain. :)Trent is adorable!

Duane said...

Trent's adorable. I'm so happy for you two.

Jana said...

April! I love your new layout---I want you to "revamp" mine! Will you? I can give you my password/info if needed! Send me your email and I'll email it to you! THANK YOU!!