I have a confession to make that some of you are not going to understand, and I hope it doesn't change your opinion of me... I don't watch American Idol.
We Tivo it, and Mike usually watches parts of it. I will watch when he says, "Watch this; he's awesome!" Otherwise, I'm flipping right past American Idol to Big Brother.
I realized that I am in the vast minority yesterday during a lunch. Everyone was talking about their favorite "Idol" (I've noticed that true fans leave off the American). I didn't have much to contribute. I think the contestants are very talented, and I love the sweet, humble 17-year-old guy; I'm probably the only person who doesn't know his name. My mom loves the show and even votes sometimes. I remember calling my parents house one night and my mom saying, "I can't talk long; I'm voting." I had no idea what she was talking about, but she was voting for Carrie Underwood. I love Carrie and most of the other contestants who are now popular artists, so I guess I should give the show a chance.
Is there anyone else out there who is not a huge Idol fan?



7 comments:
Sorry sweetness...I'm addicted this year. I vary from year to year but this year is really good! If you want to start watching, you should definitely check it out! My favorite is Michael Johns from Australia/Atlanta! And this is actually the first year I've voted!
April, you are not alone! I have a friend at work who is frustrated because I don't watch "Idol," so we can't discuss it across our cubicle walls. I'm actually a "Biggest Loser" fan!
I dont watch Idol either unless I am flipping through the channels and catch a min or two. I did see this guy who sang a Lionel Ritchie song..he was really good. I do like Big Brother but I always forget to check cbs to see when it is on.
We are hooked on Idol. Yes, we call it idol. We do however Tivo it so that we can fastforward through all of the fluff. I don't know much about the contestants other than how they sing. I would recommend watching on Tivo because I do discuss it tons in my offices and only invest about half the time.
Hi April! I've been totally out of the AI loop, but started recording once it got down to the Top 12. Brooke is my favorite girl and Jason is my favorite guy. His hair is terrible though - his dreads are just... dreadful!!! They are really good, but I don't even know their last names yet! ha!
I love Big Brother! Do you know about Morty's? It's a site that monitors the live feeds and tells what's going on between shows!
http://www.mortystv.com/big_brother.shtml
LOVE the site Amanda!! Thank you! We thought about getting the 24-7 Internet site, but that's just a little too much. This will be perfect:)
Okay, so I am right there with you! I have no idea who is on the show, who the judges are, and who is a celebrity now from being on it. I think it is hilarious how we get so caught up in other peoples' lives that are on television. Ha!
It is nice keeping up with you by reading your blog! Keep up the good work :0)
Post a Comment