So, it's been a while since I've updated the blog, and I am getting tired of looking at the trees (which, in case you were wondering, don't look any better). I've noticed that blogging can be like talking on the phone when you haven't talked to somebody in a long time; you avoid it because you have so much to catch up on, and honestly it's a little overwhelming. Our lives have been great for the past few weeks, so here's the Cliff's notes version of a few things I can remember...
I swapped out my summer/spring and fall/winter clothes just in time for the cold front:) I organized my shoes, and when I pulled them all out of the closet, I had to take a picture. My feet haven't grown since middle school, so I have been collecting shoes for way too long. I threw away lots of these worn out shoes, and I'm working on replacing them:)

Don't worry, all the dog hair in the vacuum cleaner did not come out of my closet.
We spent last weekend at the lake, and it was awesome! The water is up, and Bailey swam for hours. We came home in time for church on Easter, and then Mike left to spend the week in Houston. 

We spent this weekend in Highlands, NC for Heidi and Brad's wedding. It was the smallest wedding I've ever attended (about 35 guests), and it definitely sold me on small weddings. Ours was large, so obviously I can appreciate all sizes, but I'd never experienced small before... it was so intimate, and we had so much fun! Highlands is beautiful, and we enjoyed our first "Bed and Breakfast" experience! I also fell in love with the 3-year-old flower girl, and she must have liked me too, because she chose me to go to the bathroom with her two different times. We don't have children yet, so I was a little surprised when she asked me to "do the honors" when she was finished... twice. Here are some pictures from the weekend...



I'll finish with a question for those of you who have dogs: How much does your vet charge to bathe your dog? We boarded Bailey this weekend and were shocked to see that we paid $22 for an extra-large dog bath. Apparently the large bath cut-off was 81 pounds, and our B weighed in at a whopping 81.5 pounds! We'll make sure she loses 0.5 lbs before next time, so she can get a large bath.


4 comments:
Busy, Busy! I am so glad to her about Mike's wonderful week in Houston! You both look terrific! And I am ready to visit Highlands - I always hear fabulous things!
ps. We pay $25 for head-to-toe bath incl. ears, nails for Beas (68 lbs).
I don't remember how much exactly we paid for our last doggie bath for Junior but it was too much. He got one after getting "fixed" just before Christmas. I remember thinking what a racket it was. It ended up being necessary because we had to take him with us to both families because he kept ripping his stitches out. A stinking outside dog in the car would have been too much. I do know we pay less at PetSmart.
April - I totally understand about not posting a message for awhile and just starting to get overwhelemed. Glad to hear things are going well and look forward to hearing about some new deals when you go shoe shopping, sorry Mike!
April, don't feel bad! My closet and a big part of our bedroom floor looked just like that until last night. I FINALLY got all my summer shoes put away, but I haven't made much progress with my clothes.
We're praying for great scan results on Monday!
Bethany
Post a Comment