If you walked into our house tonight, you would immediately see our dining room, which is usually the cleanest room in our house. That's not the case this week...

Thankfully we don't do a lot of dining on this table anyway.

The embroidery machine is only here for a limited time, so I am keeping her busy.

I'm pretty sure I've mentioned it on the blog before, but I'll say it again. Embroidery and applique is not simple. I have proof:

It's not horrible, but it's not good. And this picture was taken after lots of cutting and clean-up. I'm pretty sure it was my fault, and it will probably happen again. I'm just thankful he will only wear this shirt once or twice, and I doubt he will be still enough for people to notice the imperfections.
Here are the results of my labor {and why I look extra tired this week}:
I love these dish towels! They are smaller than your normal dish towel, and I plan to use them for drying sippy cups dishes.
I tried to make Darby's dish mat, but I failed miserably. I think it had something to do with my inability to cut straight and/or the fact that I can't really sew. I had convinced myself that making the mat was kind-of like hemming pants. Nope. After spending 2-3 hours and only making a major mess, I decided to ask for a dish mat for my birthday. But I think these will do the job until then. If any seamstresses are reading, I'll gladly make you some initial dish mats in exchange for a real dish mat:):)
While I've been making a mess of our dining room, Trent has been riding his tractor with anyone that will push him. When you stop pushing and tell him to pedal, he makes this face:

I hope you're having a great week! I'm getting ready for a big consignment sale Friday night. If you've ever been to a big consignment sale on preview night, you know they require lots of mental preparation:)






5 comments:
I don't know you, but I've had your blog on my google reader for a while. :) Anyway, I love the lure applique is precious! All of your shirts and towels look super cute to me!
Seriously April, I think the shirts look great! Also, I was thinking how cute a "C" towel would look in my house! I am very impressed with you!!
I have that same machine and believe me its not all your fault! I think its the machine too! Its not a smooth stitch like some of my friends Brother machines. Great job and its so time consuming!!
I am super impressed! Super! Love the tractor pictures too...what a cutie!
I love when you put Trent's funny faces...it makes my day!:) Love you!
Post a Comment