My mother-in-law loves Christmas, and it's evident the minute you enter her house.

They have a very pretty Christmas tree, and she joked that they may keep it decorated all year... in the basement:)


We Mike, John and Brandon spent the first night putting together Trent's big gift from Mimi and Papa. {I was just the sticker girl. Men aren't very good at placing stickers.}

We ran a few errands the next morning, and I convinced Mike to pose in front of his old stomping grounds. As you can see, Trent was more interested in jumping off the brick.

The rest of the Reeds arrived around lunch time, and thanks to my crafty and patient sister-in-law, we started our Reindeer and Santa place mats.

The almost-finished products...

The next day, we had a big breakfast and opened presents.

He loved his tractor!

We played in the $2 snow I found at Big Lots.

The snow faded quickly, but luckily Papa and Uncle B were there to provide more fun entertainment.

Since the first craft went well, we decided to make some cookies and let our little ones decorate them.

You can tell that somebody was doing more than just decorating. Cookies, icing and lots of m&m's ended up being lunch.

They turned out pretty cute and very yummy.

And that concludes our first Christmas of 2010. I don't have nearly as many pictures from our second and third celebrations, since Trent got a fever virus around noon on Saturday. Thank goodness for Ibuprofin and Tylenol!

This village is amazing, and we had to make sure Trent didn't mistake it for his Little People.


We ran a few errands the next morning, and I convinced Mike to pose in front of his old stomping grounds. As you can see, Trent was more interested in jumping off the brick.

The rest of the Reeds arrived around lunch time, and thanks to my crafty and patient sister-in-law, we started our Reindeer and Santa place mats.

I was shocked that Trent enjoyed this activity and actually liked his hand being painted. I was prepared to use lots of force to get a single handprint, but he willingly did lots of them.
And this, my friends, is one of the many reasons why I LOVE this child. She poses for my pictures even when I don't beg and act crazy.
The almost-finished products...

The next day, we had a big breakfast and opened presents.

He loved his tractor!

We played in the $2 snow I found at Big Lots.

The snow faded quickly, but luckily Papa and Uncle B were there to provide more fun entertainment.

Since the first craft went well, we decided to make some cookies and let our little ones decorate them.

You can tell that somebody was doing more than just decorating. Cookies, icing and lots of m&m's ended up being lunch.

They turned out pretty cute and very yummy.

And that concludes our first Christmas of 2010. I don't have nearly as many pictures from our second and third celebrations, since Trent got a fever virus around noon on Saturday. Thank goodness for Ibuprofin and Tylenol!



1 comment:
This was so good. You do such a good job - even if it is about MY family. ha-ha!!!
Post a Comment