12.18.2010

Lots to Discuss

I have become one of those people who lives by a list. I used to get by with a planner, but now I just use my planner for appointments/deadlines/showers/etc. My list gets me through the day. So, in random order, here are some things I wanted to mention on the blog:

1. We bought our first REAL Christmas tree this year, and I love it. I might change my mind after the take down process, but for now, I think it's super fun. I can't believe I'd never had a real tree. I've also never been to Disney World, but that's a story for another day.
DSC_0007

2. Since I'm very impatient and don't appreciate cliff-hangers, I will give you the short story about Disney World. We took a family vote: Disney World or build a pool in the back yard. It was 3-1. My mom voted Disney World, because she knew she'd be the pool woman. She was correct, and I expect my first real Disney experience will be with Mike and Trent in a few years.

3. My husband has started an e-mail debate team. I went to a baby shower one night, and I had 22 emails when I got home. I almost woke him up from his sound sleep when I saw that he'd picked 15-20 random friends and family members and sent an email with our first topic. We've discussed a few things over the past month, and I got in trouble for picking a topic a couple of weeks ago. Apparently Mike, "Big Daddy Slim AKA President" is the only one who can suggest topics.

4. Dry Shampoo is awesome! It's 10000 times better than baby powder. My favorite brand is Batiste, and I buy it at Ulta.

batiste-dry-shampoo

5. Trent is supposed to be Boy Jesus in our church's Christmas play tomorrow. The good news is that he does not have a speaking part. The bad news is that he's had a fever all day today.

6. If you have an iphone and a toddler, download the Toddler Teasers apps. They are educational, and I know lots of toddlers {including my own} who love them.

7. My friend, Margaret, gave me these Time Out signs. They make me laugh, and I will probably have to use them soon.

photo

8. This package came today. It's one of my Christmas presents from Mike. He thought the "Wife of the Year" title would be funny, and it was even funnier since they gave the title to John Reed. Mike claims he didn't have to review the name:)
DSC_0145

9. Do you think the mittens/hat approach could work when it's time to quit sucking his thumb and twirling his hair?
DSC_0133

10. I found this picture on my phone. I took it at JoAnn's a few months ago. It's his "kiss" face, and don't worry- we didn't buy the ears.
photo

If you are still reading, thanks for sticking with me. By including all of these things on one post, I was able to cross all things Blog off my list:)


5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hope to get me some of that "kiss" face this week.

~k said...

you are awesome! LOVE the wife of the year!

Jene Myers said...

I would have voted "pool" too. Lasts a lot longer than a vacation. Hope Trent feels better soon and loved his kiss face! Chris thinks Mike's debate team is the best idea ever!

B. said...

April,

I definitely live by lists too! I think it might be our type-a personalities, but I get a high for feeling so accomplished even if it is: pick up a cup of coffee, drink it, smile.

:)

Hope you and the boys have a lovely christmas, your tree is beautiful... thinking of Mike as always and hoping for good counts in the next few weeks.

Sending Love,
B

Margaret Worrell said...

Disclaimer: I have read (and been instructed by my mom) not to use the time out signs in their bedroom. Something about not creating negative feelings in their bedroom. :)