7.28.2010

Family Board

I am the least creative/crafty person ever. I write neat, but that is where my abilities end. So when I got this "crafty" idea the other day, I assumed it would end in disaster. Much to my surprise, it turned out okay, and we're having lots of fun with it.

This is Trent's Family Board.

DSC_0949

You see, Trent loves this book. When I saw that he'd learned all of the animals in the book, I decided to maximize his brain power and teach him to recognize our family members. I went to Target and bought a hard poster board then came home and cut out pictures of everyone. Mike thought I should label the pictures, just in case Trent starts reading- HA! I'm just hoping he will try to say everyones names at some point.


I'm sure it would look much better if I was crafty, but it serves it's purpose- and even makes us laugh. The first night I asked, "Trent, where is Paw Paw?" He pointed to his cousin Trevor and laughed.

DSC_0912
Looking at his favorite book in his new chair. I was skeptical about the chair {because Trent never sits still,} but he loves it!!

4 comments:

Maggie M. Cooper said...

Good job!:) Looks great and it is great for him to label people/things. Next you can make copies of the pics and make him match them to the board pic! Just an extra step from a K teacher...:)I do a game like that at the beginning of school to help the kids learn each other's names/faces. Very proud...now you need to do some more sewing!

Kimmie said...

very impressive april! i stay at home all day with my little man and can't seem to find time (or don't make time) to do things like this... thanks for the ideas. :) i'll have to try it. steven will be so impressed with my teaching skills. ;)

Ashley said...

love that idea! I'm going to have to copy that! And I'm jealous of people like you with nice hand-writing!

Cile said...

Fabulous job! EK had "family flashcards" (pictures covered with the clear photo paper) and loved them! We still find them on occasion tucked into one of her purses and she thinks it's pretty funny!