7.30.2010

18 month pictures

I attempted to take Trent's 18 month pictures on Sunday. It was a very impromptu photo shoot. Mike wasn't feeling well last weekend, and taking Trent out of the house was the only way to guarantee silence. So, I found a cute outfit, brushed his hair, grabbed his boots and my camera, and headed to the park.

He did okay. It was tough, since I didn't have someone to attract his attention {and since I'm not a real photographer.} But I liked the no-pressure session. I took almost 300 pictures {let's just say I didn't miss a moment} but only got a few that I really like.

Here are my favorites:

DSC_0682
He was doing the "Itsy Bitsy Spider." It made him smile... at least for a few seconds.

DSC_0715
I love the light in this one but really wish he'd been looking at me.

DSC_0740

DSC_0756

DSC_0751
He was over the bench by this point.

DSC_0846
This is his serious look.

DSC_0889
He still loves the boots.

DSC_0904
This was right before he face-planted coming down the stairs. Needless to say, that was the end of the session.


He also had his 18-month check-up last week. The doctor said he was doing great. For the first time in his life, he was in a higher percentile for height than he was for weight! He actually lost one ounce since his 15-month appointment. He was 27.4 pounds {69th percentile}and 33 inches long {72nd percentile.} If you're wondering how I got the detailed percentiles, you can track your child's growth through this site. It's pretty cool- and it's free:) Happy Friday!

5 comments:

The Hamiltons said...

Great pictures!

The Vaughns said...

These are FABULOUS!!! I'm very impressed with your new skills :)

The Mader's said...

You did a GREAT job! Love these pics! Will you come take Lexie's? :-)

Maggie Pelton said...

These are great pics April! And I love the Family Board you made. Such a fun idea.

I hope Mike is doing better.

Ashley said...

LOVE the boots!!!! I gotta find some of those! hey will you send me your address when you get a chance? amcmakin@gmail.com or you can do on facebook