5.04.2010

Happenings around here...

We've I've been busy building block castles.
DSC_0151

But then someone always comes along and tears them down. {I'll be honest- it took me a while to be okay with this. The first few times I tried protecting, hiding, or moving my masterpieces. My sweet husband finally told me to get over the demolishment or quit building.}
DSC_0157

We've also been learning our body parts. At almost 16 months, Trent can show you his hair, ears, mouth, hands, feet and bellybutton. {The eyes and nose are a little shaky for some reason.} Here's what happens when you ask about his bellybutton.
DSC_0163

Much to my dismay, he's decided that riding in the wagon, stroller, buggy, etc. is overrated. He'd rather push it himself. I think he might have control issues:)
DSC_0186

What? You don't wear your sunglasses indoors with a stained shirt and no pants?
DSC_0169

We pulled out the sidewalk chalk for the first time last weekend.
DSC_0214

He was amused for about five minutes.
DSC_0237

There's nothing like a touchdown with sidewalk chalk in both hands.
DSC_0251

Have you noticed that most of my pictures are taken outside these days? While I know natural light is optimal, we photograph outside because a certain little man LOVES being outside. Not only does he love being outside, but he's taken to throwing fits when it's time to come inside. He's also decided that diaper changes are my way of torturing him, and he screams like he's stepping on hot coals. Although, he loves putting the wet diapers in the trash when we are finished. Welcome to toddlerhood!

4 comments:

susie said...

sounds like Justin at that same age!!

Anonymous said...

Just wait until you go around the house and find the diapers that he has taken off himself. The poopy ones are the best!

lsnellings said...

That is one impressive block castle! I usually find myself protecting my block towers from Emma Jane just so that John has a chance to knock them down!
Trent is looking so grown up!

John and Brooke said...

I love love love reading about Trent because since he and Will are so close in age, we are going through the EXACT same things-I too protected my block castles and John also had to step in and tell me the point of buying the blocks was so that WILL could play with them, Will still cannot identify his eyes or his nose-you are right, tricky! And diaper change is my newest form of torture as well. AND, Will no longer will ride in anything-he has to push! Cracks me up that they sound just alike. If only we lived in the same town-they would be best buds!