Last week, Mike and I took him to buy shoes and came home with a pair of those cute white shoes little boys wear to church. I was excited about him wearing them to church last Sunday... until I tried to put them on him. It was IMPOSSIBLE. I spent 15 minutes trying and gave up because he was crying, and I was sweating. I took them back and got my $50 back. {That was another surprise to me... $50 for a pair of shoes for a 9-month-old?! I don't spend that much on my shoes, and my foot isn't growing anymore!!}
Since it was cold today, I was determined to find him a pair of shoes tonight. I decided to be practical and buy him a pair of casual shoes, since he will probably only wear them to keep his feet warm. {I'm fine with socks for crawling around inside.} We went to a children's shoe store, and they were very helpful. {He wears a size 4 wide, and the cute white shoes were a size 3; no wonder they didn't fit!} We came home with these. Here's the little man modeling his new shoes...
He looked so cute in the shoes, that I decided he needed to try on the hat I bought him today too. He wasn't so sure about it...

He told me his jeans were uncomfortable, so we put on pajama pants...

And then he decided to get brave, and I had to put down the camera.



4 comments:
For some reason shoes stress me out. Every brand fits different so you pretty much need the kid with you to try them on. Plus they are super expensive. I always see cute ones at Target but I can never find the size I need because Target is always out of everything!!! Trent looks super handsome in his new shoes and hat. Where did you find the hat? I have had trouble finding them this year.
Trent is getting so big so fast and he is absolutely adorbale!! You need to talk to my sis-in-law (Elizabeth) about shoes. She has the same problem trying to find shoes for little Max. I think she said that Stride Rite makes a really wide shoe that works well. She even posted something about it on her blog a couple of months ago.
Love the post! We recently bought Thomas his first pair...blue and white shoes..."Angels" is the brand and they are great!! Now he of course has "multiple" pairs...it's fun once you get started! Ha!
Hey Girl! Let me tell you after we spent $60 (per pair) on stride rite shoes, i decided that would be our last. Yes, shoes are important especially in the winter, but believe me the Pay Less $14.99 shoes work just fine...and then I get to buy lots of other "fun" shoes from Target!
Post a Comment