7.11.2009

SIX Months and a Vacation

Trent is six months old today!! I can't believe he is half a year old! I absolutely LOVE this stage of his life. He interacts with us, smiles, laughs, sits up, rolls, jumps {the jumperoo is by far his favorite toy!} sleeps 10-11 hours at night, takes two good naps each day... but he isn't mobile yet. While I'm sure it will be fun to watch him learn to crawl and walk, I also know that means he will be into everything.


We took our first vacation with Trent last week. We went to the beach with the Carters. We had a great time, but we quickly realized that vacations with children are crazy different! I usually plan what I'm going to wear, what I'm going to eat and where I'm going to shop. Let's just say I was happy to see I'd remembered to pack myself a bathing suit:) We had a SUV full of stuff, but somehow I managed to forget the stroller. It wasn't on my list of 40-50 essentials.

Trent loved the pool. We never made it to the beach; it was across the street. After seeing the effort it took to get four adults and two babies to the pool, we decided to save the beach for next year! Here are some of my favorite pictures from the trip...

I took SOOO many picture of Trent and Lillian together, and none of them were great. Here's how it went down...
Apparently Trent wanted to tell Lillian a secret before they went to bed. We decided to try again another day. Here's how it went...

I gave up after this one!

7 comments:

Kristin Coppock said...

April, Trent is absolutely adorable!! I am also quickly learning how much stuff we need now with a baby. We had to sell our car and get am SUV already!!!

lsnellings said...

I love his little hat! I need to invest in a boy hat. Poor John has been wearing hand-me-downs from his sisters!

I usually find that I need a vacation to recover from my vacation with kids!

The Basquins said...

I LOVE the last photo of Trent and Lillian - it looks like they're about to prank Mommy and Daddy big time. Kids are so incredibly funny. . .without ever trying!

~k said...

I am DYING laughing at the last one!
UNBELIEVABLY FUNNY!

Kelly Jones said...

What a cutie!!!

Whitney said...

Vacations are different with kids. I don't think they really classify as vacations when you take kids. :) Looks like Trent had a wonderful time. He is so stinkin' cute!

The Williams Family said...

April... I feel your pain! I took two kids to the beach this summer with NO STROLLER! What was I thinking?