12.07.2008

Catching Up

First, thank you all so much for your prayers while Mike was in the hospital! We had a crazy week, but we're thankful he is home and recovering well.

I have several things to blog about, and I should probably write multiple posts. However, none of these topics are really worthy of their own post, so I'm combining them:)

In case you haven't been to Piccadilly recently, it's now "all you can eat" instead of "pay per item." I've never really liked Piccadilly, but my parents love it! They convinced me to go with them by telling me I could try as many items as I liked without feeling guilty if I didn't eat everything. I definitely tried a lot of things {so many that my whole head couldn't fit in the picture with all of the food.} I also got a free "belly rub" from one of the employees, but we didn't capture it on film.
The big piece of meat is fried chicken, and it was great! The pumpkin pie, however, was not a winner.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, we didn't put our Christmas tree up this year. However, we did pull out a few decorations {thanks to my mom and sister} and even found a place for the presents.

We recently purchased gas logs, {for three years we had an empty fireplace} so we've been enjoying lots of fires. Thank goodness the gas bill wasn't high, or my sweet husband would have started limiting the fires. This is what I saw when I walked into the den after putting up laundry last night...

Her daddy moved her pillow in front of the fire so she could stay warm. She was sleeping within minutes after this picture.

Now that I'm finished writing thank-you notes, I've given myself permission to read books again. I'm waiting on the 3rd Karen Kingsbury series to arrive, {I won it on Ebay last night} but I bought this book today at Target. I wonder if it will live up to all of the hype. Has anyone read it?
And last but not least, I am 34 weeks pregnant today! I am going to the doctor tomorrow, so my next post will be a "Trent update," complete with nursery pictures.

6 comments:

The Carters said...

There are so many topics I'm not sure where to begin! I have not been to Picadilly since I was little, but I like the idea of being able to try a little of everything - especially these days. :) I am also slightly concerned that the stockings and B's bed may be fire hazards because they are so close - Yes, I do have a phobia of fire! Finally, I haven't read that book but it has gotten so much hype that I can't wait to get your take on it. So excited about seeing nursery pictures very soon!

Natalie-John+2 said...

You look great...even in front of ALL that food, yum!! Wish Anniston had a Picadilly...then again maybe I don't! I went to Layla's babyshower yesterday and saw Sharon and Jennifer from the old Pfizer gang. Made me miss the original group that was here when John first started. I updated them as much as I knew from the blogs. We continue to pray for Mike - Caleb still remembers you guys babysitting him many years ago.

The Basquins said...

What strikes me in that post is that a Piccadilly staff member gave you a belly rub. . .I am assuming this was uninvited. Isn't it amazing how your belly becomes a hand magnet for perfect strangers? Only 6 weeks until your belly becomes your own again (sort of but not really). . .which means Trent will be here - hooray!

Anonymous said...

Hi April!

So glad Michael is feeling better and at home! I'm sure Baby Trent enjoyed the variety of options from the Piccadilly meal too! :) Loved the ornaments hanging from the chandelier!

Stephenie Meyer's Twilight series is fantastic! I read all four books in 3 weeks, which is a record for me. Seriously, best nonfiction I've ever read. I was skeptical at first because all of the hype, and I thought the vampire thing was bizarre, so I probably wouldn't like it... well, I was wrong! I highly recommend! Warning-It's hard to put them down once you start!

The Powells said...

April - you have it all together and are so ready for baby, holidays and anything else unexpected. I cannot wait to hear about the Trent update!

Anonymous said...

I've read Twilight and am in the middle of New Moon. I started Twilight Saturday night after Karlee went to bed and finished it in her two naps on Sunday. I couldn't put it down.