I've been told that once you find out the sex of your baby, you're ready to start shopping. That is definitely true in my case. I didn't even want to look at baby stuff until last week. Now, I am making up for lost time. Mike and I ordered the furniture for the nursery on Thursday. Thanks to friends' recommendations (thanks Heidi and Brandi!) and the book Baby Bargains, I knew exactly what we wanted when we walked into Storkland. Speaking of Baby Bargains, if you're pregnant (especially for the first time) I would HIGHLY recommend this book. It goes through all of the baby essentials (from cribs and furniture to breast pumps) and talks about each manufacturer (pros and cons) and gives them grades. Expensive designers do not always get A's, and it's made my shopping and research so much easier! Bedding is our next decision, and here's a picture of the front-runner. His furniture is dark wood, so the blue/green/white combination will lighten up the room.
My mom, sister and I tried to shop in the the pouring down rain Saturday. We went to two children stores, and Mama D (my mom) bought baby Reed three super cute outfits. She says they are for Christmas. Mimi (Mike's mom) has also bought baby Reed some Christmas presents. Remember, he's not due until January:)
Finally, here's a picture we took Saturday night before Kelli and Matt's wedding. Remember, Mike likes to look goofy in pictures!
Hopefully my next post will be a name announcement. We have a strong front-runner, but I don't want to put it out there until it's official.
8.24.2008
Let the shopping begin...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


10 comments:
So exciting! And cute bedding. :)
I think that I can actually see a LITTLE bit of a baby bump - Yea!!! As you know, I am a big fan of the "Andy" bedding and think it will look super cute in his room!
I love this bedding!! Absolutely precious!!! And those outfits are Super cute! I think Baby Reed may be a little spoiled! Isn't it fun!!! Can't wait to see what more is to come!
Have you been looking at bedding online? The one you found is super cute and I know I will want to start looking TOMORROW :) When I google crib bedding, it is just very overwhelming...let me know if you have found any good websites!
Oh my! Those outfits are precious! I also love the front runner bedding!
The expressions on your faces in the picture are priceless! I can't wait to hear what Baby Reed's name will be!
Indeed so exciting! Can't wait to put a name with the...ultrasound? heheh...
so good to see you guys yesterday. you are gorgeous
April, your last Christmas of getting things was last year. Karlee was due in February and all I got the Christmas before was baby stuff. No doubt, it was much needed.
April...congratulations!! I am excited for you both...um all three. I wanted to let you know after your prompting I decided to create a blog so go to john-natalie.blogspot.com and see my creation. I need help with it but at least it is started.
Take care and enjoy the feeding frenzy while it last! I craved Sunkist soda and spicy food with Caleb. With Macy more sweet.
Take care~ Natalie
I love the bedding! Great choice. Hannah Claire got Christmas gifts last year from Shane's parents (my mom thought it was too early) and she was not due until May. Those outfits are adorable. I may go broke just buying clothes for HC.
i just found your blog april..so cute! i am definitely going to check out the book that you are talking about. i'm a little over 17 weeks now and i know that will help a lot.
I'm so excited that you are having a boy! steven and i find out next week...i am DYING to know, and like you i have not been shopping until i find out.
glad to see you and mike are doing so well.
Post a Comment