8.01.2008

Opp, Mashed Potatoes and a New Signature

Mike and I went to Opp this weekend to see his parents. We had a great time! We spent most of the time chatting and eating- two of my favorite activities! Cindy cooked a fabulous lunch today after church. We had chicken, mashed potatoes (my recent favorite), peas, rolls and spice cake with cream cheese icing. I brought some cake home, and I'm sure it won't last long.


Speaking of mashed potatoes, I'm not joking when I say I've really been craving them. Mike and I were on our way to dinner at Jason's Deli last week, and we drove by Popeyes Chicken. I told him that I sure would love some mashed potatoes and biscuits. He looked at me like I was crazy and said we were not eating at Popeyes. Well, last Wednesday I had lunch at an office but was running ahead of schedule. It was 11:00; my lunch wasn't until 11:30, and I was starving. Luckily, I had to drive by the Popeyes again. This time I pulled through the drive-through, then ate my mashed potatoes in the parking lot as I waited to go in for my lunch. And to make this story even funnier, I told one of my pregnant friends about my double lunch later that day. She and her husband ended up eating Popeyes for dinner!



Last but not least, I've been trying to figure out the signature thing for a long time now. I was finally successful! I may never be able to change it (or the background), but it makes me happy for now.


Photobucket

6 comments:

Brandi said...

I had a few pieces of pizza in an office and then had Surin about 30 minutes later while I was pregnant. Oh the good ole days:) Enjoy it while it lasts. Now the goal is to fit in my old clothes which completely rules out two lunches. Did Heidi eat Popeyes? I can't imagine that.

DeLine Family said...

Love it! I also indulged in mashed potatoes when I was first pregnant...KFC was my choice...they were usually followed up by chips & salsa & a strawberry smoothie! How gross now that I think about it?! No wonder my work buddies thought I was insane!

Maggie M. Cooper said...

you eat whatever you want to, you sweet little mama:) i ate little ceasar's almost every night-i could eat the whole pizza:) i craved it constantly! you tell mike to let you have popeye's if you want it-maggie's orders:) i love you! come see me so i can see that sweet baby bump! p.s. you can make me a signature-it looks great!

Lauren said...

Oh the pregnancy food cravings! I wish I could still eat like that 6 months later! My craving was Taco Bell. I hate that place but have craved it both times I was pregnant...go figure!

Anonymous said...

My craving was sweet potatoes. I ate them for breakfast if I had leftovers from the night before. It's funny now because that's Karlee's favorite thing to eat. She makes me scrape the bowl clean just to get one last bite.

The Powells said...

April - I love the blog and you always keep it so fresh! I am looking forward to the 18th!

christina