My cousin, Cory, got married in Atlanta this past weekend. The wedding was beautiful, and it was fun to spend time with family. Cory and Carrie are now honeymooning in Mexico, and I wish Mike and I were there too!
I realized this weekend that wedding cake is very important to me. Each time we attend a wedding, one of my first questions is, "Do you think they will have cream cheese icing on the wedding cake?" I LOVE cream cheese icing! I've been known to buy it and eat it by the spoonfuls, and I often eat the icing off multiple pieces of cake.
My wedding cake had cream cheese icing and was one of the best cakes I've ever tasted (my other all-time favorite is Nancy Patterson's strawberry cake). Many people tell us they remember our wedding cake (not my dress, not the flowers, not the band and not the food- the cake). My sister, who's 1-year anniversary is next month, had the same fabulous cake at her wedding. My mom pulled an extra piece out of the freezer this weekend, and I managed to bring it home (I think Tracy forgot it was there, but she'll get her top piece next month).
Here is a picture of the delicious cake (taken at Tracy's wedding) and some pictures from this weekend.






I also want to give a shout-out to Mike, who played golf yesterday for the first time in two years and shot a 90 (he says that is not good, but it sounds good to me.) I don't think he will wait another two years to play again!


7 comments:
We didn't even get a piece of their cake! We had to run for dinner reservations! Wish we'd gotten to see more of yall! Weddings are always such a whirlwind!!!
I agree that cakes are so important. Mine looked horrible (to me anyway, b/c it was NOTHING like I wanted), but it tasted wonderful. I was so PO's about it that I took a cake decorating class just to see what the big deal was!
I love the cake too and agree on the cream cheese icing. Why would anyone want anything different:)
April - Seriously, you crack me up. I have been very behind reading blogs lately and I just read your past updates...you are so funny and I love the picture of Mike and the mask - hysterical!!!
So, we are evidently related. I have known that we are similar in our tastes for quite some time, but this solidifies it! There is not much else that concerns me about a wedding (mine or someone else's) than the bride's cake. I love a good, out of the ordinary, groom's cake as well, but chocolate doesn't appeal to me nearly as much. As for buying a container of icing and eating it by the spoonful...let's just say I've been there!
Sorry, must have clicked the wrong thing. Anonymous is Cile...
So funny, April! I love wedding cake, too...and I have to admit, I am a bit of a snob about it. To me, there is nothing quite like REALLY good wedding cake. Nick laughs at me. After our wedding, we got compliments repeatedly on two things...the groom's cake (chocolate cake with chocolate ganache frosting but with a light mint filling! YUM!) and our vocalist (Katherine Bannister Gould--a KD from UA who married one of Nick's pledge brothers) I loved our wedding cake too, but I guess it wasn't quite as memorable as the groom's cake. Diane Olexa did our cakes, so when we are in Bham, I always go to Olexa's to eat, but more importantly, to have cake!
Post a Comment