Mike was supposed to write this post, but after he posted on his page and it resulted in me handing over the author duties, I think he's skeptical about writing on the blog.
Bailey got shaved a couple of weeks ago, and it was a great decision! She sheds horribly, and shaving her really cuts down on the shedding. We shaved her once at the end of last summer, and I'd been counting down the days to do it again. I personally feel that she'd be perfectly fine shaved year-round, but Mike adamantly disagrees. He won't let me get her teethed clean, either (he really thinks the anesthesia will kill her), but that's a story for another post.
When I dropped her off at the grooming appointment, they asked if I wanted them to shave her head and tail or leave them alone. I didn't have a clue, so I asked the girl what she thought looked better. She suggested shaving the tail but leaving her head unshaven, so I took her advice. It probably wasn't a good decision on my part. When I picked her up, I thought she looked great and quickly took her to the car. As I was sitting at a stop light, I turned around and saw this...
Poor Bailey!! I think she knew that her tail resembled a garden snake, because she seemed a little embarrassed. Thankfully her pretty face and the rest of her body made up for her scary tail. Lesson learned: Shave the dog, but leave the head and the tail, especially if you have a lab.

5.12.2008
Shaving Lesson
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


9 comments:
I think she looks great! I'm going to show her picture to Joseph and see if he'll let me do Jack and Mac! We had a shaving incident a few years ago that has permanently scarred him, so he's very hesitant to give it another try...thanks for the inspiration!
I have to say I agree with you about the tail. At first I thought it was a leg, but I know Bailey has four paws...so I knew it couldn't be that. Luckily you cleared up all the confusion. I so wish I could get the cats shaved, but I think they might be tormented for life.
Aw, Bailey is a cutie patootie no matter what her tail looks like!
Speaking of cute, where do you get all these blog templates? Mine needs some serious help. I keep thinking there's a way for Blogger to let me design my own, but it ain't happenin.
Awesome...but that's why Beasley will never be shaved! I think she's still a cutie though! Hope to see you at the lake soon!
That is really funny!
Okay, so you are cracking me up with all your changes in blog design! It's different everytime I check:) Who is doing your latest ones? I like this one a lot!
Rachel, I can't get enough blog design!! haha! It's easy once you make all the changes on your template, so I just like playing with everything. This one is from Shabby Princess. By the time you read this, I may have a different one:)
HA, eatin my words about dog posts like cash gifts!!! Bailey is too cute! So fun to see yall this weekend! Glad the girls are the cornhole champions!!!
oh no! hang in there Bailey, it will grow back... eventually!
You inspired me to take Xena!
She looked CRAZY at first, I left the head and tail but it seemed like I shouldn't have when I picked her up. I am used to it now and I can tell she is SO much more comfortable! Once you teach me how to post pictures I will put one up of her new haircut! Matt is SO much nicer to her now that she isn't shedding all over him!
Thanks,
Kelli
Post a Comment