5.30.2008

What sport would you choose?

Mike and I often ask one another hypothetical questions. Sometimes it's to make sure we're on the same page, and other times it's just for fun. Here's tonight's conversation...

Mike: "If we have a son one day, and he can only play one sport, which one would you choose?"
Me: "Will he be really good at it, since I can only choose one?""
Mike: "Yes, and you can choose anything."
Me: "Golf"
Mike: "Golf?! Why golf?"
Me: "Because you never hear of golfers getting hurt, and they are usually cute."
Mike: "Wow! I'd never choose golf."
Me: "What would you choose?"
Mike: "Football. You learn more playing football than you do in all the other sports combined."
Me: "Really?! I still vote golf!"

What do you think? Ask your husbands too, because I wouldn't have thought Mike would've picked football over baseball. He says football teaches a good work ethic. I see broken bones. Luckily this is one we won't have to worry about for a while:)

11 comments:

Brandi said...

This is funny. I would like to hear more of your hypothetical questions. We discussed it at our house. My answer is baseball and Shane agrees. There was debate on golf, football, basketball & tennis. I said baseball because it is a team sport but with lots of individual aspects, it has less serious injuries, I love to be outside during that time of year & softball was my favorite sport to play. Shane agrees and says there is no salary cap in MLB & since our son will be so good it will make a differnce:)

Sue said...

Funny! I think Nick and I would both pick golf. Though, recently he made a comment about Carter playing in the NBA (ha, ha) and I said no way b/c they tend to be thugs. He said that they have guaranteed contracts (I think there is a much more technical term for it), so if they sign and get hurt the next day, they still get their full contracted income. I still think I would vote for golf, too!

The Muncies said...

Alex said golf because it's a lifelong career, you make lots of money, and you don't get hurt! Then he went on to determine that he needs to start a seniors NFL league like they have in golf.

Laura Mielke said...

cutest post. I will definitely ask Nick this question later, although we are sort of having this convo. already when we visit the NICU to see Harper and Lily because we never fail to comment on how long their arms, fingers, and legs are! We keep saying we either have basketball stars or piano players in our future!

I do love your theory on choosing golf for your son - no injuries and cute guys ;) Nice

Ashley said...

Hey! Glad you found our blog!I added you to our list too. love your latest post-funny because Andy said golf! Because less injuries and it's something you can play forever and can be good for business relationships! I was kind of thinking baseball only because Andy played and that would be fun to see a little Andy running out there!

DeLine Family said...

Good post! So Kevin and I agree...GOLF...I agree with the no injuries, but Kevin says it teaches strategy AND there is always the SR PGA...there is no SR NFL/MLB! Always making the money!

The Reeds said...

Mike says I need to clarify the post. He says he was asking about high school, not career sports. I still like golf:)

Lauren said...

Love the post! We've had this same conversation before and Jason always says golf. He says he would love for the boys to be really good at golf in high school so then maybe they could get a college scholarship. We could only hope! My choice would be baseball. I grew up playing softball and I love baseball. My dad's goal in life is to get one of our boys to be a left-handed pitcher. We'll see how that goes! I'm with you...football seems too dangerous!

Footprints Ministry said...

You make me laugh! I hear Glenn say every day "i wish i would have taken golf more seriously so i could be a pro golfer" so if i had to guess he'll be trying to live his dream through John Parker. We already have him golf clubs and he carries around Glenn's putter all the time. But with the name John Parker Wilson he better play football at Auburn so he can leave a better legacy than the one at Alabama! hahaha!

bethany@sippinsweetteablog said...

Even though I like to watch high school football the most, I think I would vote golf because of the injuries thing. Baseball would be good, but I'd have to attend WAY too many games!

Gunter votes golf, too. Neither one of us are athletes, so band would be ideal.

The Muncies said...

Mike is trying to clarify his answer since we all agree with YOU! :)