I love to read! I especially like fiction novels, and Harlan Coben is my favorite author. I think Harlan Coben is better than James Patterson, but it's probably a close race.
Last summer, Mike and I were having dinner with our friends, Chris and Jene. We started talking about the differences between men and women. Of course this topic could take years to discuss, but Jene told me about a book that would help me better understand Mike, and men in general. It's called "For Women Only" by Shaunti Feldhahn, and there is also "For Men Only," written by Feldhahn and her husband. These books are great! I only read the one for women, but Mike says he learned a lot from his book, too (and I got Starbucks in bed for two days in a row after he finished his book). Without giving away the book, I will tell you one of the most fascinating things I learned from "For Women Only." It said when you ask a man what he's thinking about and he says, "nothing," he's really not thinking about anything! Can you believe that they can sit and not think about anything? Well, they can, because I've asked Mike and other men since reading the book, and they all agree that sitting and thinking about nothing is common for men. I guess I don't understand because I'm always thinking about something, even when I say, "nothing." If you're looking for a book that helps you understand your significant other, these books are optimal because they are short, easy to read, and are based on Christian beliefs without being "preachy" or unrealistic.
And if you know all there is to know about men or women, read Harlan Coben's novels because they are all awesome!


4 comments:
April, I have read all of "For Women Only" and have scanned through "For Men Only." They have helped me so much! After I read "For Women Only," I apologized to my dad for some things I said and did growing up. I realized how much my disrespectful attitudes must have hurt him at times. Now, I really try to bite my tongue so I won't be that way with Gunter. Good stuff.
I am always looking for good books to read. I will read this one for sure. I also wanted to suggest any of Karen Kingsbury's books to you. She has some series books and some stand alone books. They are all so good you can't put them down. They are Christian fiction and relate to everyday life. Read any of them when you get the chance.
I absolutely love James Patterson and have been looking for a new author! Thanks for your tip. I am definitely going to check it out!
Thanks for the recommendations! Ford and I have been visiting the library pretty frequently lately and now I have some new names to check out!
Post a Comment