9.26.2012

Just life

Trent fell last Tuesday.  He cried a lot, but I figured he was just tired.  I couldn't even find a knot where he hit his head but iced a random spot as much as he'd let me.  Apparently, I was wrong.  He hit his eye.  These pictures were taken almost a week after the incident... but the day before his school pictures.  Fun stuff, huh?




Doesn't this last one look like some odd eye shadow?


Thankfully the injury didn't slow him down for long.  He was back in the dirt soon enough.



Little sister isn't scared to get dirty either.  She didn't mind crawling on concrete, but she eventually decided she'd give her knees a break.


Thank goodness she still falls back on her bottom after this move.  At seven months old, her favorite toy is anything that is in Trent's hand, which is a train 99% of the time.  She enjoys door stoppers, outlets, and cords of any kind.  She also still wakes up in the middle of the night.  YES SHE DOES.  At over 20 pounds, she still wakes up for a bottle.  And I give it to her.  It's probably not the right thing to do, but giving her a bottle keeps me up for about 12 minutes, because she goes right back to sleep afterwards... and I do too.  I fear that letting her cry it out in the middle of the night will result in less sleep for me and possibly even wake up Trent {who has a sound machine and is across the hall from her, but this girl can get LOUD.}  I'm going to try to work on this bad habit over Thanksgiving when I don't have to get up and go to work in the morning.  Please don't judge; an exhausted mama is not a happy mama.  And at this point in life, we are praising God that He gets us through each day; and most days are pretty good.  Count your blessings.  You'll feel blessed!

6 comments:

~k said...

whatever works, right? i didn't know anything was wrong with giving her a bottle at this stage- of course, I don't know anything until somehow I figure out I'm doing it wrong. remind me to tell you my OOOOOOOOOOOMYGOSH moment. It ALMOST made me go read something about how to parent that I probably already should have but who has time!

Andi said...

Reese was still having a middle of the night feeding at 9 months and 27 lbs! For all of the same reasons you listed!

Erin said...

Apryl, I am doing the SAME thing right now - for many of the same reasons. I am nursing, but hey, she wakes up, nurses for 8 minutes and back to sleep and so am I. SO easy. No judgement here!!! We, like you, are just trying to make it through each day. Still want to get together with you as schedules allow :)

Sandra White said...

Certainly no judgement here, only "props" for the great job your are doing as a Mom.

Kimmie said...

oh, i can SO relate. it is so much easier to just feed them and put them right back in their bed. you do what you have to do to survive, right? :)

Catie said...

I do this too! Mine is 10 months old and still wakes up for a bottle. I need to cut his night bottle out b/c I know it is a comfort thing for him. Oh well, I just don't want him to wake his sisters. :)