8.12.2012

Buffalo Chicken



Other than heating up frozen casseroles, I'm pretty sure this is the only thing I've cooked since I moved over six months ago.  I got this recipe from my friend Mindy, who brought it to me many times and started my obsession with it:)  I actually copied and pasted the email she sent me below.  It is FABULOUS and very addicting!

Here it is..


You'll need:
Crockpot
3 lbs frozen chicken breasts
1 bottle Frank's Hot Sauce - Buffalo flavor (avail at Kroger, Publix, etc)
1 dry Ranch dressing packet
8 oz cream cheese block
baguette
margarine or butter (2-3 Tbsp)
colby jack or provolone slices (if anyone wants cheese on their sandwiches)
 
Cook time is about 6-7 hours total, so I usually start it around 10:30 am.  Prep time is literally less than 10 minutes.
 
- Put frozen chicken breasts in crockpot.
- Pour entire bottle Buffalo sauce overtop.
- Sprinkle 3/4 ranch packet on top of sauce (use whole thing if you want very mild buffalo chicken).
- Add cream cheese in dollops around crockpot.
- Cover and cook on low for about 6 hours.
- Remove chicken breasts from mixture and shred with two forks in a large bowl.
- Return shredded chicken to crockpot, add 2-3 Tbsp butter and cook (still on low) for another 45 mins to an hour to allow chicken to soak up sauce.
- Serve on toasted baguette with (or without) cheese of choice.

In other news, Trent's summer preschool class had their end of the year party on Friday.  They have a week off, and fall classes start August 20th.  


And this little girl will be six months old at the end of this week.  That's another post that hopefully I will get around to writing soon:)



4 comments:

Texas Oddos said...

YUMMY recipe!! LOVE all the precious baby updates!! XOXO Handey Oddo

Jene Myers said...

Thanks for the recipe. Can't wait to try it! Trent and Miller look so cute!!

~k said...

Hmm... May just be easy enough for me to try. MAY! Might as well while I'm home, right?
Beautiful Miller pics!!!!

Jene Myers said...

Made the buffalo chicken Sunday. It was delicious! Thanks for sharing the recipe.