6.19.2012

Miller @ 4 months


Miller turned 4 months old on June 17.  Some days (and nights at the beginning) have been long, but overall, time has flown by since baby Miller joined our family.


Her personality appears to be very different from her big brother's personality.  She is very social and loves to smile at strangers, and she's happiest when a lot is going on around her.  She is constantly moving (goodbye swing and bouncy seat-- hello jumperoo and exersauser), and she enjoys constant attention.  She despises the car seat unless the car is moving, (drive thru's can be a nightmare) and I recently quit swaddling her because she was fighting her way out every. single. night.  She's a great nighttime sleeper, but daytime naps are sporadic.  I think she's going to be a spunky little girl.


Her 4-month check-up went well.  She was 15 pounds 7 ounces and 25 inches long (both between the 80-90th percentile).  I looked back at Trent's stats from 4 months, and he was the same length but two pounds heavier, ha!  Her hair is growing fast and UP.  Hopefully it will lay down soon:)


Trent is still a great big brother.  I pray he continues to be a good role model for her.



4 comments:

Lyndsay said...

Gorgeous!!!

Jana said...

Ohmy! That outfit is adorbs!! Love the last picture...and the personality of your two sound just like mine!! Hopefully these boys will continue to be sweet and loving...b/c the girls may do us in! :) Jk...thanks for the update!! xoxo

Erin said...

April,
I don't know you personally, but know you through my friend Laura McFee. I think of you so often, and feel even more of a connection with you since my family recently has had a tragedy. I lost my sister Elliot just 3 weeks ago to ovarian cancer. She is my only sister and best friend in the world, and she left a husband and two small children behind. She lives in Birmingham, but I live in Montgomery. I know that I can never fully understand what you are going through, but I just wanted to tell you that I will pray for you as you begin your "new normal". My family is trying to pick up the pieces of our broken hearts and try to do the same. I hope that Elliot has met your husband by now in Heaven - it's a precious thought. I understand the intense pain of watching your loved one battle through such a nasty disease like cancer. Also, I have a little girl who is almost the same age as Miller. I hope that maybe our paths will cross in person one day. If you would ever be up for talking, I would love to meet you.

~k said...

oooo these are so good!
So glad to see those babies, would love to see you soon!
Love you!!!!