1.31.2012

THREE, the Dentist and School

Trent turned three years old on January 11.  We had a small, impromptu family celebration, and he loved it.  His favorite part was his cake.  


Our sweet friend, Lynn Adams, made the train cake.  Isn't it incredible?!






He received one of his new favorite books, My Truck is Stuck.  We read this one, The Little Engine that Could, Chugga Chugga Choo Choo, and Shhh Don't Wake the Baby, multiple times a day!


A few days after his birthday, he went to the dentist for the first time.  When he walked in and saw the train table in the lobby, he was sold.  Thankfully, he did very well and got a great report... other than he needs to stop sucking his thumb.



Finally, Trent started preschool this week.  He's been going to Miss Kim's house for the past 2.5 years, and we LOVE her and miss her so much... but we can't drive to Montgomery for childcare, so the little guy started school.  He's only going two days a week until I go back to work {I'm on maternity leave} but it's great for him to get out and make new friends and have some fun.



Thank you all so much for your sweet comments on my last post, especially those of you who I don't even know.  We feel and appreciate the prayers.  Please keep them coming.

7 comments:

John and Brooke said...

You dress him SO cute!! I love the little cowboy hat outfit. :) Prayers up for you guys!

Ashley Turnbull said...

Hey April! I just wanted to say that I have been thinking and praying for you constantly since I read the blog recently. I didn't comment b/c I honestly didn't know what to say. Words escaped me. So I just prayed. And prayed. And prayed. You are on my mind and heart constantly...such a brave young woman who is obviously trusting in the Lord in unimaginable circumstances. God is so good, but these are times we don't quite understand his HIGH ways. Your family is adorable, and I will continue to read and support you guys from afar. What a precious thing God has given you in your children and family...much love from our family to yours :-)

Lyndsay said...

Trent is the absolute cutest little man!! I'm glad he is having fun at preschool.
You all remain in my prayers through all these transitions.

Casey Corley said...

I thought I saw you at school on Monday! We love it there and I'm sure Trent will to. Hopefully AK and him will be in the same class next year. Please let us know if you all need anything you've been in our prayers.

Jene Myers said...

Trent looks so grown up in his little backpack! I can't believe our boys are three. I'm sure he is loving preschool. What a cute post & cute pictures! Love & prayers to you guys!

Kimmie said...

He is ADORABLE!! I love the pics of Trent and his little backpack. Can he come and teach Isaac how to carry his own backpack?? He would rather mommy hold it most of the time...
Hope you are enjoying your new home and enjoying Auburn. I think about you OFTEN and continually pray for you and your precious family. I know you are thrilled about meeting Miller soon--I know this little girl will be such a blessing in your life right now and it's so neat to know the Lord wanted her to come at this exact time. I'm sure it will be tough as well, I'm not doubting that, but I pray the Lord gives you extra grace and strength during this time as I know he has and will. Enjoy the last few days with just you and Trent before sister arrives. :)

Caroline Bobo said...

Trent is growing up so fast! Sweet little man in his school outfit! Glad he is a big boy and can go to school now twice a week! Happy end of your pregnancy :)