1.17.2012

Christmas 2011

I have started this post so many times.  Nothing sounds right.  I'm not ready to write about Mike.  I know that he's in Heaven, perfectly healthy, and reminding myself of that fact has gotten me through the last 26 days.  We feel your prayers and have been overwhelmed with all of the love and support.  I also have an energetic 3 year old {birthday post hopefully coming soon} and a 34.5-week baby in my belly that help me stay busy, eat well, and get some sleep.  And we moved a couple of weeks ago.  

I haven't decided if I'm going to keep up this blog, but I know if I get way behind, I don't have a chance.  So, here are a few pictures from Christmas 2011.  Obviously, our Christmas was not at all what we had planned, but we did celebrate Jesus' birthday.








21 comments:

Lyndsay said...

Praying for you and your family April.

kkd said...

I have been reading your blog for quite some time and I do not know you. I'm crying so hard because I had no idea about your loss. I am so very sorry!!! I cannot even imagine what you must be feeling, but I'm lifting your family up in prayer.

MaryBeth said...

As always, that Trent is adorable! Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Praying for you.

Thank you for being such an awesome warrior on the HL front. What you and Mike have done for all of us is amazing.

Praying for you and Miller and Trent - she will be here soon.

Hugs and love, admiration and prayers.

mb

With love AMD said...

I also don't know you personally, but I stumbled upon your blog and love reading about you. My heart is completely broken for you and your family. Ever since I started reading your blog months ago I prayed every night for you and your family. I can not imagine what you are going through, but know that people are praying for you. Take one day at a time, and put everything in God's hands.

Jana said...

April,
Thank you for sharing the sweet pictures. Trent and Trevor are so adorable. Just reading the comments, wow, what an inspiration you are to so many----and how many prayers surround you from people you dont even know!
Praying for you- Thanks for the update...xoxo

Mary-Margaret Brown said...

April- We do not know each other, though I've been reading your blog and the Caring Bridge page for quite some time. My heart has been so heavy for you, and you are always in my prayers, and have been for a while. Trent is just adorable, and your strength inspires so many people whom you have never met. Mike left such a impacting legacy here on Earth, and in y'alls two children and you. Much love!

Ashley said...

Love seeing the pics April. I'm glad you shared..and wow, how encouraging to see the lives y'all have touched from people that don't even know you!
xoxoxo

Anna Beall said...

April, You don't know me either. I started reading your blog through Rachel Norris's blog. I have also been encouraged by your faith and have praying for you and will continue to pray. My prayer is that you continue to know in a very real way that, "The eternal God is your dwelling place, and underneath are the everlasting arms." -Deuteronomy 33:27-

Caroline Bobo said...

Sweet April...You, Trent, and baby Girl have been on our minds day in and day out. Our friends and family, bible study, etc have been praying for ya'll! We are here if you ever need a listening ear! You are soo strong and such an amazing mother!! Cannot believe Trent is 3 now!! Praying for a continued healthy pregnancy and delivery!

becky said...

April, Like several others i do not know you but have read the blog ever since i learned about you on Caringbridge. I have prayed for all of and will continue to do so. Thanks for the darling pictures. I know how hard it must have been, but the joy of a child will lift your spirits. Trent is such a beautiful child and he and your baby girl will carry on the legacy of love you and Mike began together. I hope you will continue the blog so that those of us who do not know you but have grown to love your little family can keep up with you. I wish you peace, hope and love in this new year .

becky said...

April, Like several others i do not know you but have read the blog ever since i learned about you on Caringbridge. I have prayed for all of and will continue to do so. Thanks for the darling pictures. I know how hard it must have been, but the joy of a child will lift your spirits. Trent is such a beautiful child and he and your baby girl will carry on the legacy of love you and Mike began together. I hope you will continue the blog so that those of us who do not know you but have grown to love your little family can keep up with you. I wish you peace, hope and love in this new year .

UGAMom8689 said...

April,
I have prayed for you and your family for a couple of years now. I am still saddened by the loss of Mike but know that he is not suffering any longer. His faith and love for you was such an inspiration. Thank you for updating the blog--I am sure it was very hard but please know that you are helping those in need. Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy and please post a picture when she arrives so we can see if she looks like her big brother :)

Rachel @ Moments With My Miracles said...

I'm so glad you posted and I hope you will keep this blog up. I can help you make it over at any time if you want:)! Continuing to pray for you and Trent and baby Miller as you walk this journey without Mike.

Gunter said...

I hope you do keep up the blog. We love seeing Trent grow up. He's a handsome little man! Love you guys!

Cammie said...

April - I fell off the blog bandwagon a little over a year ago (just couldn't keep up with it!) and I did not have nearly as much on my plate as you. :) So, while we would all miss your posts tremendously, don't beat yourself up if blogging becomes something you want to drop (or can't keep up with) as you transition into this next phase of your life. I continue to be amazed by you - I cannot believe you were even able to pull it together to have an official Christmas this year. What a great mom you are! And what a wonderful wife you were to Mike. I cannot imagine the void you must be experiencing right now, and I hurt for you and think of you constantly. And I know you will be hurting for a while (and that's normal), but I also know that you are such a strong woman that you will still inspire others for Christ through your struggles. I love you. :) P.S - Now that we're in Atlanta, and you're in Auburn, let me know if you would ever like Shaan and I to take a road trip to visit you guys when things settle down for you. I'm sure Shaan and Trent would have a blast together.

laurie said...

April, I found your blog through the CaringBridge site over a year ago & have loved "getting to know" your sweet family ever since. Mike seemed like he was such a courageous, brave, positive, loving & caring man. Months ago, one of your posts was about a setback in his health & I remember you wrote about how positive he was through it all. He was a man of great faith. I would imagine you are questioning why God chose to take Mike now.... I know I would. God's plan is perfect & one day you will have the answer. In the meantime, He has given you a new life - your baby girl. What an amazing blessing! You are so very lucky that you have loving parents, along with your sister & her family to be by your side; especially in the upcoming months. I will be thinking about you & lifting you up in prayer. As for keeping the blog updated, it's wonderful to read about Trent & your family, so maybe you can post when & if you want to. Take care and God bless you, Trent, baby Miller & your whole family. Love, Laurie Howard

Courtney Cloud said...

praying for you daily!

Maggie Pelton said...

April,I had no idea. I'm so sorry to hear about mikes death. I will be praying for you and your precious family.

~k said...

LOVE YOU!!!!!

Cheryl Fair said...

If you don't feel like keeping up this blog, perhaps you might consider starting a whole new blog with a whole new look. You are starting a new chapter in your life and that deserves a new blog. I am a friend of your Mom's. You may remember me. My son graduated in Tracy's class. I have enjoyed watching Trent grow and am looking forward to seeing pictures of Miller.

kristen elaine said...

april,
i first heard about your family through heidi (lee) carter in 2007. we were in bible study together. since then i've come back to your blog & mike's caring bridge site for updates. i'm not really sure what to say, but i can honestly say that i have been praying for you & will continue to. praise jesus that mike is healed & with his father.
love to you & your babies,
kristen