11.13.2011

only 15 more weeks??

First, our baby girl has a name:  Miller Alese Reed.  It took us a long time to decide, but we're very happy with it!  I monogrammed her first item last weekend, and I'm sure there will be many more to follow.


She also has a lot of clothes.  Between consignment sales, sweet friends passing down stuff, and my online shopping addiction, she has some super cute outfits.  
Next up: she needs a room!  You might remember that we sold our house this summer, and we we are currently renting a house.  It's a great three-bedroom house, and we decided that since we wouldn't be here very long, {at least that's what we thought 3+ months ago} we would just leave the office and guest bedroom boxed up and keep the boxes in the 3rd bedroom.  It's worked out well... except for our guests that are limited to couches or air mattresses.  
Anyway, baby Miller does not have a room.  I started looking at furniture this weekend, but it's hard to justify ordering furniture when you don't have anywhere to put it.  Just for fun, I looked back at the blog to see where we were at this point in my pregnancy with Trent.  I laughed when I read that we already had his furniture and bedding and were painting his room at this point.  Thankfully, I know now that babies don't require cute nurseries upon birth:)  And we are still hoping to move before she gets here.

This pregnancy has flown by, and for the most part it's been very similar to my pregnancy with Trent.  Here are a few differences I want to document:  Miller moves around SO much more than Trent.  I think Trent just sucked his thumb and hung out in there;  Miller is always on the move! ...  I don't feel the "glow" this time.  I didn't feel cute with Trent, but this time I feel like I'm getting wider and less attractive each day.  Is it a girl thing? ...  I had my first, only and prayerfully my last migraine Friday.  It was horrible.  I literally spent all day in bed, most of it with a pillow over my face.  I feel so badly for migraine sufferers.  That is so not a headache.  I've had some weird vision issues, possibly ocular migraines, with both pregnancies. ...  I like being pregnant in the fall/winter months.  I'm rarely cold, even when it's 50 degrees outside, and I'm hoping I won't have to worry about swelling.  So, that's a baby Miller update:)  

5 comments:

John and Brooke said...

I love that you chose your maiden name-Miller is such a precious girl name!!!I always wished I had a better maiden name to use for a baby :) And you are so right, babies need next to nothing when they get here, so you will be fine and I am sure it will all get done!! Good luck in finding a house!!!

Rachel @ Moments With My Miracles said...

I LOVE her name! I have always told Jeff that I wish Miller was a family name somewhere in our family! And I love love love the pics of Trent after he colored on your wall in the previous post!

kai said...

LOVE!!!!!!! SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!

The Muncies said...

love it...her boyfriend needs a name too since he's set to arrive in 10 weeks! yikes! we have nothing done as well -- working on kicking Jay out of the crib! :)

Jene Myers said...

I LOVE the name y'all have picked out for her! Yes, I did feel like I got wider with Kylee than Cason. But I have seen you recently, and you look beautiful! Hope you don't have anymore migraines!