4.10.2011

Roses, 31 and the Easter Bunny

If you're looking for something simple and pretty to plant in your backyard, I highly recommend knockout roses.
DSC_1025
All we did is water them last year when they were "new," so I was thrilled to see them come back so pretty this year.
DSC_1052
This is the first time I've ever had fresh flowers from my own yard in a vase, and I think I could get used to it... as long as they are this easy... and free.

I turned 31 yesterday.  I slept until 7:45, and it was heavenly.  My favorite present was Trent saying, "Wuv you Mama" for the first time.  I thought it was the first time he'd ever told anyone he loved them, but Mike informed me that he said, "Wuv you too" the day before when Mike told him he loved him.  {Thanks honey.}  I've eaten half of my cookie cake, and I'm sure the rest will be gone soon.

I took Trent to see the Easter Bunny at our neighborhood clubhouse today.  He liked the bunny, but he did not like the photographer pulling his thumb out of his mouth.  Thankfully he held it together, and we don't have another crying picture. {I think it was because the Easter Bunny did not say a word!}
DSC_1056

This isn't part of the title, but I just realized I never posted pictures from last weekend.  Mike and Travis went turkey hunting, so Trent and I hung out with Mama D, Daddy G, Tracy and Trevor.  Trent and Trevor have decided that they enjoy holding hands.
DSC_0994

They also enjoy wagon rides, even if their faces don't show it.
DSC_0950

I made the last batch of shirts for Trent's spring-summer wardrobe. Andi had already given me the shorts, so I was glad to finally catch up.
DSC_1004

I can't believe it is already April.  It was 87 degrees today, so it looks like summer is here too:)

1 comment:

Maggie Pelton said...

The roses are gorgeous. Every spring I pick up a few packets of zinnias and/or cosmos and I have fresh colorful flowers all summer. They're super easy, too. Just a little dirt and water and you're done.
Still so impressed at all of your appliqueing (is that a word?).