1.17.2010

Sipping and Snacks

<span class=

He is sipping... through a straw!

Thanks for the comments on my last post. I'm glad I'm not alone in the sippy cup battle. Trent has always liked straws, so when my friend Mindy recommended these, I decided to give them a shot. He drank out of them all day yesterday and with breakfast and lunch today. I gave him juice, but I don't think it's a juice/milk issue with Trent. He just didn't want to drink out of any of the 8-10 different sippy cups I tried sippy cups. I'm very proud of him, and I'm excited about cleaning out the cabinets and getting rid of the reject cups.

I've discovered some fun new snacks of my own recently...

Caramel Flavored Bugles by Dave <span class=
The are the perfect mix of sweet and salty!
goldenoreo
These are fabulous! Even Mike, who doesn't like sweets, eats two after dinner most nights.

I couldn't find a picture of the Valentine ones, but these are super yummy! Just make sure you only bake them 7-7.5 minutes. {The box says 8-10, but I like them better soft!}

I no longer have to pick out my favorite colors of Starburst, because I discovered FaveReds. I can't find them anywhere but Target.

I will enjoy some of these snacks this afternoon, because Mike and I are going to the movies for the first time since Christmas day 2008 {when we saw "Marley and Me"... horrible idea at 37 weeks pregnant!} We are going to see "The Blind Side" today, and I'm off to pack my purse full of goodies:)


3 comments:

Ashley said...

I was pregnant when we saw Marley and Me too! but worse...only 10 weeks! ah, what a tear jerker! Blind Side is AWESOME!!!!!! But take your kleenex along with your candy! Made me want to adopt every orphan in the world!
We haven't quite reached sippy cups but when I do, I guess I can ask you your opinion on the 8-10 kinds you had to buy! ha! Call me next time you come to bham so I can give y'all some dinners!

Whitney said...

So glad the straw cups worked for you guys. I love the travel and toss cups. We have a ton for the older three. Ben uses the Nuby flip and sip straw cups. They are better for traveling with him. Going to try those snacks. Thanks for ruining my diet before i even got started. HA!

Leigh Collins said...

I second the Nuby flip and sip straw cups. The travel and toss cups are great for on-the-go, but with a now 5 year old and almost 3 year old, I've learned they do not hold up as well as the other cups. Plus, THEY SPILL! Trust me on this, the ones that don't spill will save your sanity! Our oldest went straight to a sippy cup w/ no problems, but our youngest was like Trent. I finally just refused to give her anything but a sippy cup until she gave in and used it!