1.14.2010

12 month update and cousin love

_MG_8449

_MG_8447

The pictures above are from Trent's one-year photo session with Mari. As you can see, he was not very excited about the cupcake {he totally did not get this from his mother, who ended up eating some of it!} He also wasn't very happy to go outside in the cold for pictures. We're lucky to have a great photographer, who still managed to get some good pictures.

This is one of those posts that is mainly for me to look back and see what Trent was doing when he turned one. One thing he is not doing is walking. He will stand up by himself, cruise furniture, etc. But the boy will not take a step forward. I expect him to "just do it" one day, and I wouldn't be shocked if it was tomorrow or if it was months from now.

The 12-month check-up was zero fun. I was prepared for shots, but I was not prepared for two shots in the leg and one shot in each arm. He let the whole office know how much he hated it. He's still growing well. He's in the 90th percentile for weight {25 lbs 15 oz} and 75th percentile for height {30.5 inches.} He's wearing 18-month clothes, and it's time to buy some new shoes.

We're currently transitioning to whole milk, and he seems to like it. The sippy cup transition is another story. He will play with it, bite it, throw it, anything but drink from it. Hopefully we he will make progress soon.

He's finally getting teeth! He has cut four top teeth in the last month. That gives him a grand total of six teeth, and I'm pretty sure some molars are coming soon. His vocabulary consists of "Mamama," Dadada," "hey," and some chinese-sounding ramblings:)

He is happy to be facing forward in his car seat, and he loves swinging and riding in his wagon. I will be glad when it warms up, so these activities will be possible without lots of layers.

He also loves his cousin, Trevor. Tracy documented this encounter last weekend...

DSC_0018
"Hey Trevor! I'm so glad you came to see me!"

DSC_0015
"Do you want me to help you get out? I can push the button."

DSC_0017
"Wait, I think you have something in your eye!"

This happens every single time Trent sees Trevor. He always goes for an eye-poke at some point. Trevor's eyes are super blue, so maybe he likes the color. Thankfully Trevor is a great sport, and I'm sure he will get payback soon:)

I still can't believe it's been a whole year since we brought this little baby home from the hospital. I could get all sweet and sappy, but I will save it for the baby book:)


7 comments:

Tara Verdigets said...

blog stalker here..but I can't resist bc our babies are the same age! I HEAR YA on the sippy cup! We are making that transition as well, and it's not easy. I love keeping up with your litte guy. He is adorable!

Jana said...

Happy Birthday Trent!
Congratulations on being a parent 1 whole year! It is neat to think about how much your life has changed and how much you have learned in the past 12 months. I love the peace pajamas.
Jana

Whitney said...

Yea! Your first year. So exciting. He is still adorable and it sounds like he is lots of fun. Walking will come and some days will will wish it hadn't. :) I have never used sippy cups. I have always gone straight to straw cups. I guess sucking on the straw is like a bottle and it made the transition a little easier. I also liked it because if i forgot a drink i could just ask for a straw where ever we were eating. Can you tell i forget to pack a drink a lot. HA!

Kimmie said...

Gosh, I'm glad to hear someone else is having trouble with the sippy cup! I have tried and tried but all Isaac does is bite it and turn it upside down and get him all wet. and isaac's not walking either. he sounds a lot like trent! they would have fun together.

The Hamiltons said...

Hilarious! We've been battling the sippy cup, too! He'll chunk it across the room---especially if it's water and not milk.

John and Brooke said...

Hey April-try Born Free Sippy cups. We tried several with Will and these worked the best to transition him to a sippy cup. Now we can use most any sippy cup. He still does not drink from it himself. He holds it up to his mouth and knows what to do but he can't figure out to hold his arms up so the drink will come to the spout. The Born Free sippy cups are a little more expensive and I can only find them at Publix and Babies R Us but they were worth it for us. Also, I warmed up whole milk for a while so it would be just like he was used to. He had no trouble transitioning this way. Will still isn't walking yet either! Oh, and he has those same pjs :) I love Children's Place Pajamas!!

BetsyBeanie said...

love the crown!!! Where is his National Championship shirt?!!