12.14.2009

One of my better ideas...

I decided to let a professional handle our Christmas card this year. Mari Wilkes did a great job with Trent's 3 months and 8 months pictures, so I signed up for one of her Holiday Mini Sessions. She snapped pictures for 15 minutes {yes, you read that correctly- it only took 15 minutes} and still managed to make it hard to decide which one to pick! She also designed the cards.

One of the many reasons I looked forward to Trent's arrival was my assumption that I'd never be in another Christmas card picture. Yipee!! Or not... Mike strongly believes that the whole family needs to be on the Christmas card. When he requested that we all cheese it up for this year's card, I requested that none of our family members be behind the camera. So, Mari was our compromise:) She made it so easy that this might become a Reed family tradition.

Here are some of my favorites...

reed04

reed07

reed10

reed15

Our cards are going out tomorrow, so I didn't post the picture we used on the cards. I've had the cards for two weeks, but I've been waiting on my Christmas return address labels. They still haven't arrived, {I guess I shouldn't be shocked, since I only paid $4 for them} so I gave up tonight and used my stamp.

We have received some of the cutest cards this year!! I love checking the mail around Christmas time. Even Mike looks at the cards when he gets home. Christmas cards really are a great tradition!

5 comments:

John and Brooke said...

May I please just tell you how very wise you were to let a professional photographer try to get a good shot. I am sure you read my frustration. I had this big idea in my head how our card should be this year because it is our first year with Will. Our picture is not. that. cute! We HAD to be in the picture to keep Will from crawling away. Even when we put him in a wagon he tried to climb out. I might take your advice and get someone to do ours next year. I love Christmas cards!

~k said...

Oh my gosh- she just keeps getting better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love the train and the couch shots!!!

Jana said...

LOVE the pictures!! You look GREAT!!! Trent is so precious..what an adorable family!

The Presleys said...

I love the pictures!!! If those are that good I can't wait to see the one on the card!

Mommy and a Ministry said...

these pictures are gorgeous!!! yall have such a pretty family!!!