Trent's due date is January 18th- one month from today! Yipee! I must admit that I'm becoming uncomfortable, and nobody told Trent that he's supposed to be curled up in there {I mean, don't all of the pictures show babies curled up? I think ours is trying to swim!}
I go to the doctor Monday for my first "check." Mike thinks Trent will come a little early; his guess is 10 days early, Jan. 8th. I'm going to put a survey on the side of the page. Let me know what you think. I'll try to give you a little information, so you can make an educated guess... he was head-down at 32 weeks. I've been having braxton hicks contractions for months, but they are not painful. My sister and I were both late. Mike was early, but he was also a twin. I've always measured a week or two ahead, but I'm not sure how much I trust that tape measure method.
Some of my college friends hosted a shower for Trent last weekend in Birmingham. It was so much fun! I wish we all lived in the same town. Here's a picture from the shower {of course we didn't remember to take one until after lots of people left- sorry girls!} 
We are heading to Opp this weekend to celebrate Christmas with Mike's family. Mike is super excited about gifts he got for his dad and brothers. I'll post pictures of them after this weekend. I was a little concerned about the possibility of going into labor in Opp, but Dr. Saucer said even if I did go into labor, {which is unlikely} we should have plenty of time to make it back to Montgomery.
Tomorrow is my last day of work until April!! I'm taking vacation next week, and my maternity leave begins on Dec. 27th. I have a huge list of things to do that I've been putting off until I finished work, so I guess now it's time to get started.
Thanks for all of the advice on gifts! Mike emailed me quickly after seeing the blog and said that our child was more than he could ever ask for and not to think about getting him anything else {right answer, sweetie!} And I will probably send a family member out for some kind of treat for my nurses, as I'm sure we'll all appreciate something fun like Krispy Kreme donuts:)
Have a great weekend!


9 comments:
My guess is Jan. 4th. I don't know why, it's just a random guess! I getting so excited! We missed you tonight!
Yea - you've only got one more work day!!! I have been so thankful over the past week not to be working. I cast my vote for late but I don't think it will be by more than a day or two. I am basing this only on the fact that you don't seem to really be having any end-stage pregnancy symptoms yet. Basically, you just still seem way too comfortable for delivery to be imminent! :)
Wow, it seems like it hasn't been that long since we heard the news about Trent! In all my pregnancy expertise (um, none) I'll guess early. Maybe, Jan. 11.
Hey April! I enjoyed seeing you at the shower last weekend. Sorry I couldn't hang around...just wait until Trent has birthday parties to attend. You'll no longer be known as April. You'll be referred to as "Trent's mommy". I'm guessing maybe 5 days early so that would be January 13th.
I am so sad that I missed out on the shower fun! I would like to predict one day late...January 19th. My rationale, like Heidi, is your great pregnancy thus far. Also, Emma Kate would love to share her b'day with Trent!
I'm guessing one day late, too. I think Dr S will induce you that day unless you can persuade him to do so earlier. :) My only reasoning is that most "first babies" come late. We'll be celebrating Trent's arrival and loving your little man no matter when he comes, though!
I measured 2 weeks ahead the entire time with William and he came 11 days early and was 8 lbs.! Oh...and I did get Will a Daddy gift. I got him some cuff links. He wears them on special occasions like to William's baby dedication, but I don't think you have to get him a gift. :)
I measured 2 weeks ahead the entire time with William and he came 11 days early and was 8 lbs.! Oh...and I did get Will a Daddy gift. I got him some cuff links. He wears them on special occasions like to William's baby dedication, but I don't think you have to get him a gift. :)
can't wait to see pictures of trent!! i know what you mean about uncomfortableness...it is getting terrible! now i know why so many pregnant women at our stage are so ready to have the baby!
i wish you the best and will be praying for a wonderful delivery!
Post a Comment